General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. Customer purchase order # on Ticket

It would really help if we could enter the customer purchase order # on the ticket and not just the invoice.

8 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
    • QuoteWerks integration

We currently use QuoteWerks and there addon QuoteValet for our quoting system. Just thought I make a suggestion on some kind of integration.

Some info on there SDK. http://quotewerks.com/sdk.asp

Something simple like the quotes are pushed from QW to RS like they do for Autotask and other CRM/PSA's. No photos or anything fancy QW does that just need the basic quote info to beadded to the quotes/Estimates in RS. I hope I'm making since.

39 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
      • Integrate with GSX, and TechDirect

It would be cool to have the asset creator automatically fetch the information on the machine by just the Serial number of the computer, so for an Apple computer it would be with GSX, and Dell would be with TechDirect, or any other sort of API! Cool thought. I know GSX has an API, not %100 of TechDirect.

121 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
        • Marketr Follow Up SMS Mesages

I would like the option to setup 2 week, 3 month, 6 month, etc...Follow up SMS messages to my customers...being able to do it with email is great...but for 90% of my customers texting is the best form of communication it seems like anymore...Anyone else out there agree with me on this and would like to be able to setup automatic follow up txt messages ??? Also being able to create canned SMS messages for ticket comments would be great !!!

40 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Currently our SMS provider doesn’t allow marketing, many of the good ones don’t.

We are open to suggestions for a top-tier SMS provider that will allow it..

• Gift cards

Implement a system for gift cards, where it can store the amount the gift card has, and also add credit

100 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)

This thread seems to be talking about different things – so I need to get clarification if possible.

When you comment on this thread please state if you want “gift certificate support”, meaning a template to print them or something, and maybe a way to track the balance – OR -

“gift card support via Vantiv” where you have to buy magstripe cards with your design, have a Vantiv account, and deal with loading / checking balances / and the regulation that goes along with being required to allow people to cash out/etc.

We can refer to these as “basic gift certificates” or “magstripe gift cards” in the comments.

Feel free to say you want both! :)

The Vantiv “gift card support” is a fairly large project that we would need to see a lot of votes to get going.

A basic gift certificate tracking system might be simpler and…

• Allow for fraction of cents in cost

I stock some small connectors that I may purchase in lots of 100 but sell per unit (like RJ45 connectors for networking jobs). The may cost me $0.055 /each to buy, but when making POs to reorder, it throws my amount off since it rounds to 6 cents.

5 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
              • next button on tickets, invoices, etc

When viewing tickets, invoices ets, we should be able to his next or previous instead of going all the bay back our to the ticket home screen to view the next ticket

9 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Add charges overview to Ticket print out.

We like to provide paper work with a job when it's collected, but currently we are having to print off multiple sheets of paper to ensure has details of the jobs notes and invoice details.

Would it be possible to add the charges applied to a ticket to the print out template so everything could be included in one print?

Many thanks.

6 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                  • make it possible to require Custom Fields for new customers.

Under Customer Settings we can assign required fields for new customers. I'd like to be able to make a custom “additional field” a “required field.
                    For example, we would like the program to prompt the employee creating the new customer record to assign the customer as either residential, contract, or business. We have the custom field created but we are finding it difficult for our employees to remember to assign each new customer as the appropriate type because it’'s in a different tab from where we enter all the other information for a new customer.

13 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ll continue to look into ways to do this, right now we didn’t want the required fields on the second tab to trip people up – since they aren’t in view.

• WordPress / Gravity Forms Integration

Gravity Forms is a widely used WordPress tool for creating advanced forms.

more info: http://www.gravityforms.com/

I believe this would be the easiest way to integrate with WordPress. By using gravity forms API you can integrate RepairShopr so that form fields will create new customer in RepairShopr and Wordpress at the same time or create a ticket which would be most likely the first two things that would be nice to have. Later there are other possibilities of expending the integration that I'm not going to dive in to right now but you can get lots of ideas when reviewing their…

15 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        1 comment  ·  Admin →

You could use zapier to send gravityforms into RepairShopr leads as structured data – once we add the new customer action we’ll probably mark this as complete via zapier.

• Assign Multiple Techs to a Ticket

I know we've already added the ability to assign multiple techs to a field job / appointment, but why not be able to do the same for tickets? I can't believe no one has asked for this yet!

There should be a primary ticket "owner" and then have the ability to add additional techs as project experts or CC additional techs who want to stay informed on a project.

Up until now we're constantly having to re-assign tickets back and forth to each other. It would be tons easier to be able to have two or more tech's all working…

66 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

This is more like, additional people can subscribe/follow for updates right?

You can’t “assign” something to more than one person..

Would “follow” with notifications get you what you are after?

• Post CID Comment for Incoming/Outgoing Calls to ALL Tickets and Customers

The automatic CID comments built into RS is one of the most powerful and useful features from a communication stance. The only issue is it doesn't work properly under certain conditions:

1. If a customer has multiple Tickets open, CID comments only post to the NEWEST open Ticket. Generally, when a customer calls in, they discuss any/all Tickets that are open. Therefore, we need to have the call information posted in ALL Tickets that are open at the time of the call.

2. If multiple customers share the same phone number, only ONE of the customers has CID comments posted…

22 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                          • Change list "types" to auto-fill drop downs

Hey guys,

I was originally making this suggestion to request the "referred by" field type be converted; but then realized there's several different lists and modules in RS that are using inferior, non-editable, databases.

Specifically, the "referred by" field is hugely important information, as you all know. My list of ways-customers-are-acquired is ever-growing. As of now, I've tried to combine certain referred terms together to make it easier to figure out what we're looking for. However, this is proving more difficult.

I have the perfect solution for how to add/edit/delete these types of terms, and the best part is you're…

6 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              under review  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →
                            • Outbound CID call tracking

As we know, tracking communication is CRITICAL for organization and professionalism; not to mention to cover our @$$, haha. And I've got to say - the inbound CID lookups that post to the customer and ticket pages are AMAZING. They give us a clear and easy understanding of a call coming in. WOW!

BUT... What about OUTGOING CALLS? Sure, we really try to make sure to put in an update every time we call to recap what the call was about, but it would be immeasurably helpful to have our calls out to be tracked just like the incoming calls…

13 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                              • AUTOMATICALLY make Estimates EXPIRE after a CONFIGURABLE Time Period & DECLINE if a Ticket is Resolved WITHOUT that Estimate being APPROVED

After several existing posts related to Estimate expiration/decline, RS implemented a "one-time" option to manually mark all estimates older than 30 days to become declined. This was helpful, but that meant that 2 days later, the estimates that were 29 days old (that would now be 31 days old) would AGAIN need to be manually declined. Tasks like this have to be done repetitively and can cause tons of issues if not maintained on a constant basis.

My proposed upgrades to this process:
                                1. Make estimates AUTOMATICALLY become expired after a pre-specified number of days; vs having to manually click…

20 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                • Consider a cleaner ticket layout?

It would be nice if we could have a cleaner layout of the tickets page for something like this?

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w62/evileagle17/ticket%20layout.jpg

so much easier to read with the color coding and with the details right there.

119 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  • Integrate Amazon as a parts distributor like iFixIt

How you can search and order parts with iFixIt, do the same with Amazon. I know many repair shops that use Amazon because they can get wholesale pricing without having to buy in bulk.

103 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    • Prepay hours usage report for customers

My business customers are constantly requesting the ability to view a report that shows how their prepay hours were applied.

Bare minimum info to include:
                                      Date
                                      Invoice number
                                      Hours added or subtracted to account (and a running balance maybe?)

All of this data is available but in fragmented parts and it is not available to be seen or sent to the customer in a report form. Currently I have to compile all the data from individual invoices manually into a spreadsheet. Please help.

Date, Invoice #, Hours used (or added), running total

38 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Create an eBay integration solution to provide an eBay store directly connected to RepairShopr

Being able to link an eBay store through the api and have it integrated with RepairShopr to sell those hard to find parts you have and need to get out there to the right customer!

23 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Coupons

One of the things we're looking at adding is a coupon system. What would you like in a coupon system? How would you use it? Who would you offer coupons to and how? How should they be designed? What kinds of coupons would you offer? Please share your comments and feedback here!

41 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)