I suggest you ...

Custom "Signature Forms" for additional Agreements, Waivers, Authorization Forms, etc.

I'm not doing thorough explanations or mock-ups anymore. Basically a way for users to setup custom terms and conditions, similar to the built-in default “Intake Form” for things like:

Managed services contract and conditions
Recurring credit card billing agreements
Third-party services authorization form
Equipment trade-in signature paperwork

I know just about every shop is still using paper for at least a few documents. For shops like mine, this amounting to literally hundreds (some months just over 1,000 for us) of papers that are manually tracked/organized. I know ideally all of these docs would be uploaded to RS, but that takes too much time. It would be hugely helpful to have these docs generated/signed/filed in RS from start to finish.

150 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers)Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

33 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • MikeMike commented  · 

Selby, I'll just take any way to generate a form/waiver, from customer or ticket data, when and where we want in RS, without the need for a trigger. Then show the customer the screen (or a laminated card) and have them sign the topaz.
        Being able to then print or email said waiver/form would b cool too ;)

• Seby BellSeby Bell commented  · 

My apologies. What I meant was, none of the RS forms display anything ON the Topaz signature pads. That requires a separate integration, but maybe I was misunderstanding the question. :p

• TroyAdminTroy (Founder, RepairShopr) commented  · 

We would definitely hook it into our existing signature stuff - so it would work on topaz like our existing forms. (And fallback to work with mouse/touch if not on a windows computer)

Still planned - just coming after another big priority feature that we've been working on.

I doubt we can integrate them into Topaz, MikeD. The smaller Topaz pads have an SDK tool available that you can use to create an app from an .xls file to show a signature box on the screen, for example. The larger pads have to have a custom app. It would be great if RS would provide something for the software on that, but seems unlikely.

• MikeDMikeD commented  · 

Just having our own templates which we can create from scratch and pull in tags from all the other templates would be a great start! :)
        This would allow folks to create their own custom forms and add them to the print button, or somehow integrate them to the Topaz too?

• GrantGrant commented  · 

I'd like to see a signature option for ticket status.
        For example Ticket status= "Maintenance Complete" Require signature="yes"

Now if you place a ticket into the "Maintenance Complete" status then you are given a signature screen with a customised disclaimer that would also be set up in the ticket status setup.

• Stephen De TomasiStephen De Tomasi commented  · 

+1 to this, especially if it can be done via the mobile app on my Galaxy Note which already has a fantastic pen built into it.

• Ryan DanielsRyan Daniels commented  · 

This feature has unlimited potential. I would love to have this available to sign in the customer portal as well

• Cody MuirCody Muir commented  · 

Really excited to see this feature. Will definitely save some paper!

• DanielDaniel commented  · 

Want it, please

I'm new to RS, but being totally paperless is one of my goals as well. How 'early'in 2017 are we talking? I'm still not that familiar with how the flow works in this product, but I will likely wait until this is functional before making a financial commitment.

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base