General

1. Custom "Signature Forms" for additional Agreements, Waivers, Authorization Forms, etc.

I'm not doing thorough explanations or mock-ups anymore. Basically a way for users to setup custom terms and conditions, similar to the built-in default “Intake Form” for things like:

Managed services contract and conditions
    Recurring credit card billing agreements
    Third-party services authorization form
    Equipment trade-in signature paperwork

I know just about every shop is still using paper for at least a few documents. For shops like mine, this amounting to literally hundreds (some months just over 1,000 for us) of papers that are manually tracked/organized. I know ideally all of these docs would be uploaded to RS, but that takes…

248 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    55 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We were prepping to start this and realized the narrow-scope version we were willing to commit to would just make most people upset that we “built it half way” – but we aren’t in a position to compete with docusign/etc and spend a year building a proper solution.

We could more easily help make a zapier/webmerge solution work if you wanted some automation, if we get a lot of feedback supporting that idea I’ll make it happen pretty quickly.

2. Automatic Customer Type Discounts - "Membership" Perks

It would be great to classify a customer as a certain group. We offer discounts based on the "Type" of customer.

So.

65 and over = Discount at 25% off
    Active Military = Discount of 15% off
    Veteran = Discount of 20% off
    Non-Profit Organizations = 20% off
    Employee = 10% above cost
    Family Discount = 50% off
    Friends Discount = 25% off

We also provide loyalty programs to our clients that prepay services through us on a monthly basis (prepay yearly maintenance or antivirus solutions). Depending on the program they have, they get between 10% to 25% off of…

208 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    30 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. Integrate with GSX, and TechDirect

It would be cool to have the asset creator automatically fetch the information on the machine by just the Serial number of the computer, so for an Apple computer it would be with GSX, and Dell would be with TechDirect, or any other sort of API! Cool thought. I know GSX has an API, not %100 of TechDirect.

200 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    51 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. The 100% PERFECT SOLUTION for having MULTIPLE Phone Numbers and Email Addresses instead of using SUB CONTACTS !!!

Introduction: I have been spending the last MONTH brainstorming ideas for how to best optimize/clean-up the issues with sub-contacts not being “real” contacts (as far as the RS system is concerned) (see list of details below). I am very happy to report that I have a 2-stage overhaul solution that will ABSOLUTELY FIX EVERY LIMITATION/PROBLEM that exists with contacts, sub-contacts, and “business” contacts. I’m (almost) not joking when I say I should be paid for figuring this out. I call it: Linked-Contacts

References: These are the problems that exist that drive me crazy, and I know everyone else hates too: …

166 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Allow customers to customize labels

So I feel stupid for posting this because I am sure someone is going to tell me that it is already possible, but I have searched and been unable to find it.

Through the DYMO Software you can create custom labels and even save them and open them using a text editor to upload. I used software similar but inferior to reapirshopr previously that had this abillity.

I could design my own label filling in the fields similar to how the emails are done, then it would print my labels with my logo, or whatever I wanted. I would really…

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    39 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Our plan with this is to build a few options to choose from, with minor things able to be enabled/disabled. These aren’t built in a technology that allows us to make an editor though.

It’s planned, but no estimated time we’ll actually work on it.

6. Rentals

We are a musical instrument repair shop and RepairShopr looks like it might be a good fit for our growing business. However, I don't see a rentals module as part of the POS. We offer long term rentals (1 to 24 months) with rental/repair insurance and process monthly billing. We're looking for a system that can handle this.

150 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    21 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Toggl Time Tracking - Needed for Multiple Techs

We need a way to track time better.

Here is the problem.
    The repair shopr built in timer does work hardly at all on a mobile phone browser.

Toggl works awesome but Repair Shopr only allows one Person.

So all this equals no good way to track time for onsite jobs.

So how are my techs supposed to keep track of Billable time when they are onsite? If they do this manually and say they can put it in later we will miss billable time which cost us money. Techs wont remember the exact time at each job and we…

144 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    14 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Planned means we want to do it, not that it’s scheduled for a dev to work on yet.

Keep voting..

We just scheduled a few tasks that had 70+ votes, we can’t do this before those.

8. Gift cards

Implement a system for gift cards, where it can store the amount the gift card has, and also add credit

137 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    63 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This thread seems to be talking about different things – so I need to get clarification if possible.

When you comment on this thread please state if you want “gift certificate support”, meaning a template to print them or something, and maybe a way to track the balance – OR -

“gift card support via Vantiv” where you have to buy magstripe cards with your design, have a Vantiv account, and deal with loading / checking balances / and the regulation that goes along with being required to allow people to cash out/etc.

We can refer to these as “basic gift certificates” or “magstripe gift cards” in the comments.

Feel free to say you want both! :)

The Vantiv “gift card support” is a fairly large project that we would need to see a lot of votes to get going.

A basic gift certificate tracking system might be simpler and…

9. UPS and FedEx shipping integration

We might not be your typical client. We need to be able to ship repaired products back to the customer, so a shipping integration with the ability to import tracking info, and create prepaid return labels would be great!

134 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    44 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Would everyone please add a comment to this and give a sentence or two about how they would like the integration to work?

- Eg, is it with a cloud shipping service?

- Do you download a file which some desktop app is able to open to make a label?

- Please let us know in the comments how this could work in your situation so we can get an idea what is involved

10. Allow duplicate email address between customers

Many of my residential customers are also business customers, and many of them use the same email address for personal and business email.

133 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    planned  ·  29 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Integrate Amazon as a parts distributor like iFixIt

How you can search and order parts with iFixIt, do the same with Amazon. I know many repair shops that use Amazon because they can get wholesale pricing without having to buy in bulk.

127 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  12. Loyalty Rewards Program

We would like to see the addition of a loyalty rewards program based on points earned per dollar spent, or a program with variable rewards based on rules. This would be great to tie into Marketr, so that once a customer hits a certain point threshold, they receive a reward that can be printed out and mailed using the snail mail feature as well. So, say a customer spends a total of $500 in the store over the course of the year: if we had an automated loyalty program set up, a reminder could pop up to have us print…

126 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  23 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Up sells in estimates

It would be nice to have the ability to add up sells to the estimate where a customer can select them. Things like antivirus software, SSD upgrades, ect.

110 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    10 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  14. Tyro Integration

Unlike the US, Australia and many other counties don't use outdated Magnetic Strips on Cards anymore, we are heavily dependent on Paywave. Services like Stripe ect. Simply don't work over here. We use a EFTPOS Machine (AKA Credit Card Terminal to yanks) called Tyro. It has great rates and is compatible with all banks and supports integration. Integration would be a HUGE benefit to our business reduce error, and time to process the sale.

More details are here https://tyro.com/

105 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    18 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Mileage Tracking through Field Jobs

Don't know if it would even be possible but it would be a great feature to be able to track the mileage from your central office location to each field job per technician. We have several onsite technicians that we reimburse for mileage and it would be very efficient to just be able to pull up a report on their mileage each week etc.

102 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    33 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

What if any appointment that had a location specified we could calculate the road-miles from your office to there, and put that in a report?

A little simpler than doing real vehicle/person tracking, still gets you pretty good data – and would be more realistic for us to quickly build.

Let me know in the comments..

16. Add Continuum integration

We use Continuum for our RMM tool and would love to see it integrated into repair shop

93 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  25 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Being able to mark a invoice as bad debt

When you have a client that does not pay you need to be able to mark the invoice as bad debt so that the invoice can be closer but accountants can see and tell that the invoice is a bad debt. This will help for tax time as this is a write off. But not being able to mark the invoice makes it extremely hard for accountants to know what's going on with the invoice. Many other CRM's have this functionality. This would be a great feature and I'm sure many will agree.

92 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  18. Assign Multiple Techs to a Ticket

I know we've already added the ability to assign multiple techs to a field job / appointment, but why not be able to do the same for tickets? I can't believe no one has asked for this yet!

There should be a primary ticket "owner" and then have the ability to add additional techs as project experts or CC additional techs who want to stay informed on a project.

Up until now we're constantly having to re-assign tickets back and forth to each other. It would be tons easier to be able to have two or more tech's all working…

90 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    34 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This is more like, additional people can subscribe/follow for updates right?

You can’t “assign” something to more than one person..

Would “follow” with notifications get you what you are after?

19. Gocardless for UK

Well the way we used it on quickfile integration was in customer section for a particular customer click on setup direct debit. Then it would send an email to their email address. They create a login and provide bank details.

Then direct debit is enabled for that customer. You could set recurring invoices to take payment automatically but also there would be a button to take payment for one off invoices when you need to. So I think they did it the same as you as quick file sorted the recurring bit and took payment for you as and when…

89 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    49 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We are still holding off on this, it would be great if we could also find a partner/integration that can do one-time payments easily that support EMV that would could build into the POS – and not only the recurring invoices.

20. Different Size Labels

I find the standard 3 inch label a bit too large to inconspicuously place on my customers computers. I also like to label other items that come in like bags and ac adapters to make sure they don't get mixed up with other jobs. I suggest that another smaller label size be instituted. Perhaps 2-3/7" X 1-1/7" I've tried printing to this with my Brother QL-710w, in a plethora of different configurations, landscape/portrait flipped in RS and in the print settings, and it always prints the wrong direction on the label. It works just find when I save the PDF…

84 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    under review  ·  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
← Previous 1 3 4 5 161 162
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories