I suggest you ...

REORGANIZE Ticket Buttons and Linked Information

Just my opinion: Tickets are starting to get WAY too busy with information, buttons, links, drop-downs and options thrown all over the place. I know RS is a work in progress, but it's obvious that things have been added in that were never thought of initially. I'd like to see the Tickets module re-worked with some sort of grouping and organization that is more cohesive.

Right now, there are buttons at the top that do some things, other buttons in the title bar of information boxes , and more added at the bottom of information boxes. There's links for Appointments, mixed in with buttons for Parts Orders, Email buttons mixed with the customer info, Recurring Tickets button next to Appointments. Silliest of all, there's separate buttons for PDF and Print for the Intake Form, rather than adding those to the existing PDF and Print drop-downs at the top. God forbit you have an Appointment or session with ScreenConnect or TeamViewer, and you're pretty much looking at 100 things you can click.

It's just chaos! And it amounts to wasted screen space, difficulty teaching new hires, and spending more time looking for things than getting work done. I've spend a little time trying to figure out what to combine, move and re-group in a mock up. Here is the mess I'm currently looking at, and the revision I think is much easier to work with:

Chaos: http://i.imgur.com/lfUaeVR.png
Organized: http://i.imgur.com/PvFv3J0.png

I really think this is overdue for a cleanup. Thanks RS!

28 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)