First - Easy Button
Check out our partner POS Portals for a package that includes all the recommended hardware at an awesome price.
NOTE: If you don't need any components in the package, just uncheck them!
The Card Reader listed there is only going to work with authorize.net - we are in the process of getting them to add Mercury/Vantiv - but for now that's a separate purchase from another website. See the Mercury/Vantiv help page.
Option 2 - Pick and Choose
If you want to look at different one-off items we know work with RepairShopr, here is a list we update now and then as major changes happen.
- Wasp 5E
- Any cash drawer that has an auto-trigger that hooks into the receipt printer.
The TM-T88III and IV do not have all the settings needed to work with Cloud Print currently and so are not supported. Some users have had success with Citizen receipt printers, but setup may take longer.
Star TSP100 receipt printers have been successfully set up for some users using these settings.
- DYMO LabelWriter 450 NOT the Turbo editions (they don't handle barcodes well)
- Zebra LP2844 Thermal Label Printer
(We've found this driver to work with zebra/UPS 2442 - and the below stickers)
the majority of labels in RepairShopr are sized for 1.125" x 3.5"
- Zebra/Dymo - 4 Rolls of 1.125x3.5 Dymo-Compatible Address Shipping Labels 30252 (for Customer and Asset labels)
Zebra - Zebra Compatible Direct Thermal Labels 1.25x1 4OD compatible
- USB Automatic Barcode Scanner Scanning Barcode Bar-code Reader with Hands Free Adjustable Stand (Black)
- Any barcode scanner that sends the results as a regular text input device
We have integrated with the Topaz products. You can use any Topaz Signature pad as long as these requirements are met:
- USB Physical interface
- Supports SigWeb Plugin (NPAPI is no longer supported)
- Signature Pads are only supported by windows, for more information follow the link below:
If you'd like customers to see their signature on the pad while they're signing, choose a LCD model.
One inexpensive LCD model is: Topaz Signature Lite 1x5 LCD T-L460-HSB-R
Credit Card Readers
For Vantiv (Mercury) users:
USB Card Reader for Desktop/Laptop
Magtek Dynamag Card Reader
Must contact Vantiv to order: 800-846-4472
iOS Mobile Card Reader (works with RepairShopr iOS app)
ID Tech Shuttle Mobile Card Reader
Order here & specify "Vantiv/Mercury" as the key.
EMV / Chip and Pin / Apple Pay / NFC Terminal
Dejavoo Z11 (wired)
Dejavoo Z9 WIFI (wireless)
See our Vantiv page for more details
Contact Vantiv to order: 800.846.4472
For Authorize.Net users:
- MagTek Dynamag Card Reader (USB for Desktop/Laptop)
If you are on a Mac, we've found that the MagTeks will occasionally require a one-time PC connection in order to switch the device into Keyboard Emulation mode. If you aren't able to successfully swipe a card number into Text Edit you will likely need to contact your supplier for steps on updating it to Keyboard Emulation mode.
POS Monitor Rotating Stand
- Ticket Status Traffic Light: http://www.instructables.com/id/Arduino-powered-mini-traffic-signal-monitor-your/