The Invoice module in RepairShopr is the main way to bill your customers and keep track of your sales in RepairShopr.
What it does:
- Allows you to create invoices for your RepairShopr customers
- Let's you add items from inventory or manually created items
- Calculates invoices totals using the tax rate of your choice
- Let's you email the customer a PDF of the invoice with a custom message
- Allows you to make refunds on invoices that are already paid
- Links you to the related ticket if the invoices was converted from a ticket
- Syncs to your accounting integration if enabled
- The list goes on! More details below.
Table of Contents:
There are a number of ways to create an invoice in RepairShopr.
From the main invoice page, you can choose 'new invoice' like so:
You can quickly create a new invoice from the 'plus' menu here:
Creating an invoice from a ticket:
Invoice number and statusAt the top-left of an invoice, the invoice number and invoice status are indicated. Invoice statuses will indicate whether an invoice is paid or unpaid. If a payment integration is enabled through Xero or QuickBooks, you'll also see an icon indicating that the invoice has already synced to your accounting application.
At the top-right of an invoice, you will have an 'edit' option that will allow you to manage:
- The creation date
- The invoice number
- Whether or not the invoice is taxable
- The date the invoice was paid
- The related ticket
- Tech Notes
- Payment information
The invoice actions option at the top-right of an invoice provides various ways to further manage your invoice, specifically:
- Refund - to begin a partial or full refund of the invoice.
- Email - to send an option custom invoice message to the customer's email and / or invoice or payment receipt PDFs.
- Snail Mail - to mail a physical copy of an invoice if you have purchased "stamp" credits for your account.
- Add Attachment
- Make Recurring - for creating a recurring schedule for this particular customer's invoice, allowing you to determine the recurring invoice's template name and frequency, among other options.
- Clone - to create a duplicate instance of this invoice which can be associated with a new customer or the original customer.
For previewing, printing or downloading the PDF version of your invoice.
Bill To Customer
This section includes all of the contact information for the customer the invoice is associated with. Choosing 'Change Customer' in the upper-right of this section allows you to associate the invoice with a different customer. The 'arrow' button allows you to minimize or expand this field.
In the 'Line Items' section you can add item charges to the invoice by scanning a barcode in the "Add an Item" field or manually searching for the item in this field. Typing the first few letters of the inventory item will begin to populate results from your inventory that you can quickly choose from.
Alternatively, you can choose the "Add Manual Item" option to create a new item directly from the invoice. The "Add Manual Item" includes the following fields:
Editing Line Items
There are various ways to edit a line item from an invoice.
Clicking the 'DESCRIPTION', 'QTY', 'RATE' or 'TAX' fields will allow you to make edits directly to those fields. Changes made to the line item will only effect the item in the invoice, not in your actual inventory.
In addition to the edit options above, the three icons to the right of each line item provides some additional functionality:
The hamburger button will allow you to re-arrange the order of the line items of an invoice.
The down-arrow button will expand further edits that can be made to the line item, including adjusting the item cost and applying manual discounts.
The red 'X' button deletes the line-item on the invoice.
The 'applied payments' field will indicate all payments that have been applied to the invoice. Clicking the date-field hyperlink will direct you to the corresponding payment page. The PDF icon will pull up a PDF of the payment receipt, allowing you to print the receipt or download to your local computer. The 'Emails' field will list a record of all emails sent to the customer from the invoice page.
This field allows you to attach any relevant documents, links or images to the invoice.
Terms and Conditions & Signature
Your invoice terms and conditions can be modified at Admin > PDF / Email Templates > Invoice Template > Invoice Disclaimer.
This field is only visible for global admins. It will list modifications made to the invoice since its creation. When applicable, the email address of the user that made the modification will be displayed.
To get here, head to Admin > Invoice Preferences
Save Invoices to Dropbox: This will put a copy of Invoice PDF files in your dropbox account.
Enable electronic signatures on Payment screen: Allows you to receive signatures electronically with a touch screen display, or Topaz signature Pad.
Enable Topaz Signature Pad: For more information on this, refer to our Topaz signature Pad article.
Disable Tax: Removes taxes from all Inventory by default.
Disable Quick Payments button: Removes the Quick Payment option in Invoices and POS.
Retry Failed Payments for Recurring Invoices: Enables the application to automatically attempt to bill your customers again after a failed payment was made on a Recurring Invoice. The application will try approximately every 3 business days to retry the payment up to 3 times.