To set up your tax rates,
- Navigate to Admin > Invoices - Tax Rates.
- Click New Tax Rate to add a new one, or click an existing rate's name or pencil icon to edit it.
WARNING: Unless you have never used a rate you wish to edit, editing an existing rate can corrupt existing invoices and cause other problems. We strongly recommend creating a new rate and using that instead.
- Enter the Name and percentage Amount.
- If you have multiple tax rates enabled, check Is tax group if this is a combination of multiple rates. See multiple tax rates for more info.
- If you have a QuickBooks or Xero integration, click the QuickBooks or Xero dropdown and select its corresponding tax rate.
- When finished, click Create Tax rate or Update Tax rate.
The first one in the list will be the default. You can re-order these by clicking and dragging using the "hamburger" (three lines) on the far right.