General

1. Quickbooks integration - multiple QB accounts

need the ability to INTEGRATE one RSR account with multiple Quickbooks accounts - for segregation of invoicing and such

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Make DEPOSITS credit DIFFERENTLY than TICKET CHARGES. Show as AVAILABLE credit for Estimates & UNAPPLIED credit on the ACCOUNT for Invoices.

Hey everyone, we’re just becoming aware of tons of issues created by the current deposits system. Currently, a “deposit” item works just the same as a regular line item; except it also makes an inverse (qty -1) line item on the ticket (to function as a credit). Here are just some of the many issues we’re discovering from this functionality:

- “Deposit items” are available just like regular inventory “line items” which can be added to estimates/invoices; but cause chaos if used this way (duplicate credits, leftover credits) on tickets.
    - If a tech accidentally adds in a deposit line…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    3 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We’ve built the deposit system for a very common and specific flow in hundreds of repair businesses. If this is causing issues it may not be the right feature for your business. We don’t have plans to change this but are open to suggestions for other flows. Thanks!

3. Canadian Backup

I read your blog on Managed Backup and Cloudberry.

Can you do the same type of intergration with a Canadian Backup comapny? Not all businesses want their data going across the boarder.

http://canadiancloudbackup.com/

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow use of a printer connected to the PC / Network that RepairShopR accesses.

We use a PC as our main RepairShopR station. As most of our work is carry in to the store, this works well for us.

We have experienced problems with Cloud Print...Not printing and delayed printing. We print the Ticket and Intake form while the customer i here and give them a copy as their claim check. We therefore need to print immediately on finishing taking in the job.

Also, This morning the printer spewed out 2 copies of all the new Tickets and Intake forms from yesterday.

I understand that we can create a PDF of the form and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  5. Notify End Users that Lead/Request was received

I'm a service provider, not a retail shop. Our previous management systems would send an e-mail as soon as a request/lead was received by the system. This lets the customer know that they are important, their request was received, etc.

Right now, we are manually generating an e-mail, but unless we are sitting in front of a computer, it might be a few hours before the customer gets a response. In that time, they may go somewhere else because we did not acknowledge their request/lead.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. unify RepairShopr & RepairShopr mobile sites

Due to the normal RepairShopr site now scaling so well on mobile, can we drop the mobile site and move "Field Jobs" from mobile site, to the main site?
    It would less for you guys to maintain aswell.
    Just a thought

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. Save to Goolge Drive

With CloudPrint integration you can save to Google Drive. By the way.. it says "Save to Google Docs" which should be renamed to Google Drive.

The problem with this part of the integration is that the invoice or whatever you are "printing" to google drive will just land in the root folder of whomever's google account is linked. This makes it impossible for us to share these files to our team.

Can we make these output files drop to a Repairshopr subfolder and then subfolders based on the type of output?

example:
    Drive Root \ Repairshopr \ Saved Invoices
    Drive…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

That feature is 100% controlled by Google. They add that virtual printer, and they control where the files go.. (and they named it google docs)

Sorry about that!

8. Integration with QuickFile

We use QuickFile for our Accounts/VAT/Tax etc
    The reason we dont use things like QuickBooks etc is we cant justify the expense for them, especially considering QuickFile does the exact same thing for free!!
    Can we see integration with QuickFile and RepairShopr?
    Please?!?!? :D

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there — thanks for asking. Currently we’re not looking at other accounts integrations beyond Quickbooks and Xero. These are major undertakings and our plan is to continue improving our two current integrations which have good coverage across many countries. Hope you understand. Thx!

9. Vendhq.com

Any chance of intergrating with Vend ?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  10. Quickbooks sync

I suggest having a check box on the invoice list that allows you to resync invoices to quickbooks without having to go into each individual invoice and then allowing you to check all invoices on the list and syncing them at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  11. Some sort of Instant Messaging?

Would be great if we had a way to communicate to each other via instant messaging of some sort live in repairshopr. This way management can get a hold of employees easily and vis versa.

Just a thought...

10 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a really awesome integration with Slack that we recommend checking out. Not only is this great to be used in the office but Slack has a app for iOS and Android so that you can stay in touch with mobile techs or Users not at the office.

If you are a business with multiple locations, Slack is alo great for inter-location communications also!

http://feedback.repairshopr.com/knowledgebase/articles/456036-slack-integration

12. Canadian tax rates

Here in some Canadian provinces, we use multiple tax rates nested in each other, and we require more than just a workaround as we need precise reporting.

Here is what I mean:

Total = Subtotal + (Subtotal * Tax1) + ( (Subtotal + (subtotal * Tax1) ) * Tax2)

I'm interested in the platform but this is stopping me. We really need official support and reporting for this to suit our needs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Topaz support for the Macintosh

Any future plans for this?

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Sorry, for now this is out of our hands – topaz only provides the javascript developer plugins for windows machines.

If they ever build the tooling we’ll happily add it.

14. Show sales tax on add/view charges on ticket

It would be useful to see if we marked line items as taxable under "add/view charges on ticket" As it stands, if we forget to uncheck the taxable box (or check it if need be) there's no visual indication of the taxable status until you create the invoice. I'm thinking a simple taxable column would fit the bill.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate this suggestion and can see how it would be helpful. However, there’s a lot of tech involved in calculating tax with many possible variations. To be 100% sure this is accurate we plan to leave this only on invoices for the time being. Thanks for understanding. :)

15. Tickets / Group by

The option to group tickets based on status is really helpful as an idea, but when you use it, each status breaks them up into sections. The individual groups should be all featured together, but at the moment if i group them by status then i end up with 3 or 4 different groups for 'invoiced' orders.

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  16. Can we please add a section on the receipt for customers to leave a TIP amount?

Can we add a line for customers to add a TIP amount for good service?

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  17. Give your Asset Manager some love....

A service we are being asked to provide is IT Asset Management, specifically as it relates to asset inventory by individual department.

Customers want to get an idea of what they have, when it was purchased, total cost of ownership (IE: how many times is the machine in for service), and how many new machines do I need to buy this year? Typically, the office manager/department secretary gets this thankless task, it is usually done on an excel spreadsheet somewhere, and is only updated once a year, usually when the inventory is being done. Rarely is the office manager Tech…

2 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, but not something we’ll be able to do in the near future — particularly creating a Mac / PC agent. If there are other tools that pull this information and provide and API we’d be open to considering that for down the road.

18. Make default Ticket Status options editable

The default ticket status options are too simple for our workflow; our business is split about 50/50 walk-in and shipped-in, and there are different process steps for each. I added all of our necessary ticket statuses but the default ones remain and that makes for a very cluttered list that greatly increases the chance of the wrong status being selected.

My proposal is thus:

Either have the default status options appear in the Ticket Status List settings window where they can be deleted and/or added to - or- remove the default statuses as soon as any custom status are entered.

3 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ability to still send invoices & reminders via email even if no email of any kind is ticked

Currently, I have a few customers who have the no email of any kind ticketed on their profile, which I am assuming they have done because I definitely haven't.
    This is fine if it's to do with marketing etc. and they don't want to receive that type of email however.... I would like to get paid!!!!
    I have repeatedly ended up contacting customers to ask why they have not paid only to be told they have never received an invoice. Invoicing and other money gathering/statement processes should not abide by the same rules as the rest. This is what we…

1 vote
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Because of requirements in maintaining good email deliverability, we have to respect requests of customers to not receive email (or to not send to bounced email addresses). The best approach would be to use the Opt Out Email Marketing option for your users. We also plan to better surface email settings in the near future.

20. Integrate with BeAnywhere Support Express (Remote Control Software)

We are looking into using BeAnywhere Support Express which is a relatively new remote control software which is very advanced and has a lot of great features.

It includes an API to create remote support sessions/codes etc, and would be very nice if you could generate a remote support session from within a ticket in RepairShopr.

23 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base