I suggest you ...

More Robust Contact Management (Vendors / Customers / Contactors / etc)

It would be nice if there was a "Contacts" section that stored your Vendors / Customers / Contactors / etc. I would just like to see more options for keeping track of relationships with much more than just customers!

1 vote
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Kevin shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

7 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robert - Following up on your comment from 12/26/13:

Vendors is becoming such a big part of operations now that POs are being updated. If you think about it, workflow on the "back-end" works like this: Vendors >fulfill> Purchase Orders >using> Inventory >onto> Estimates/Invoices. As such, I truly think Vendors will soon deserve it's own module and toolbar icon on the top of the app.

The idea of having a fully featured database just for vendors and contractors, with all the features of customers (attachments, invoices, linked contacts, etc) is amazing. Many of our vendors have multiple account numbers, phone numbers, separate reps for sales/support/shipping/etc.

Any chance this is coming after the PO module is finished updating? :)

• Daniel Doyle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Full vendor details similar to the customer database enabling me to see at a glance who I deal with, what they are good or bad at but essentially an export to a mail merge or label print for paying bills.

• Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robert: The answer to your question about this showing in the Customers section is "no". Vendors need to be in a separate section like they are now, but should have all the same features that the Customers module do. Is it possible to revamp the Vendors module along with the Purchase Orders module? They are very related...

• Ryan (Power User R7, RepairShopr) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

@Robert - This is becoming more and more needed as we add additional vendors. Some examples of things missing in a vendor's information page:

Multiple contacts - with individual phone numbers, phone types, extensions, emails, titles, etc.
        Multiple account numbers - for big chain accounts who have accounts for each location.
        Attachments - for agreements, contracts and supporting documentation about the vendor.

Most of these things are shown in the mock-up of my feedback post below. Essentially, the Vendors account pages should work just like the Customers account pages do. All aspects of the vendor in one place, from contacts to purchase orders to payments. Basically, just another separate database of customers, but with the title Vendors.

Thoughts?

Feedback and Knowledge Base