Late Fee ENHANCEMENTS to indicate Payment Terms
Just some overflow to requests in this old post: http://feedback.repairshopr.com/forums/165658-general/suggestions/4272083-late-fees
1. Can Late Fees be upgraded to adjust the QTY to how many times the late fee has incurred (ie. If it's a once per month charge and it's three months past due it would be QTY 3). Then, just leave the RATE field as-is for the late charge on the invoice.
2. Can you make the late fee's description on invoices read out the way we have it listed in Payment Terms? So instead of it just saying "Late Fee" with no explanation, it would say something like "Late Fee: $5 or 3% Weekly after 30 Days". This way customers are reminded on how to no incur next time.
I would like to add to this a few items:
- Allow late fees to be configured at the customer level - since each customer might have different terms a global late fee doesn't always work.
- Allow late fees to be turned off for some clients (in some cases we know customers take additional time to pay so we don't want to generate an email or a late fee).
- Create an option to have late fees automatically waived if payment is made within a certain period of time (i.e If the account is brought current within x days void x amount x percent or all late fees)
- Better generated late fee emails - notification showing the aging of all invoices and customization of email merge fields to pull in the total amount of late fees and invoice aging-related data - the ultimate goal being here to produce automated emails and or text to customers to encourage them to pay their bills!
Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented
@Ilan: Rockin! I'm out of votes so thanks for getting this one off the ground!
ILAN ELIYAHU commented
@Ryan, that's makes a lot of sense! I really hope to see it soon.