I suggest you ...

Import non-stocked items from estimates to parts tab

We only keep a small number of parts on hand to help keep overhead costs low. Consequently, a lot of our parts are special order. Would there be a way to have non-stocked parts entries from an estimate automatically populate into the Parts tab once the estimate is marked approved?

As it stands now, when the technician receives an approved estimate, he/she has to then hand enter the non-stocked parts from the estimate onto the parts tab. If they populated automatically, we could sometimes cut a whole day out of the repair timeline as this wouldn't be defendant on the technician being at their bench when the estimate is approved, and the non-stocked parts would get ordered the same day the estimate is approved by the customer.

Just a thought. Thanks!!

10 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Aaron Caveny shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Douglas Bradshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is an ongoing frustration and I have a great suggestion to solve.

When doing a Estimate there needs to be another option rather than convert to invoice.
        Perhaps Send to charges. At this point it would bring up a screen listing items with checkboxes to for in stock. Non inventory items that are not in stock then go to parts orders.

I don’t like to invoice the customer until the work is done or when I go onsite. So if there are special items to order I have to create part orders. Then sometime the estimate gets converted to an invoice and double charges them.

I have had items go to a ticket when creating a ticket from an estimate, but I usually have a ticket first.

• Danielle commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Has there been any update on this? This would eliminate a lot of unnecessary time spent on manually entering parts when an estimate is approved.

• Douglas Bradshaw commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

What would be nice is to have on the estimate a way tell the estimate that it would be a special order, giving you more fields like URL and then putting it on the parts order when the estimate is approved.

• Austin Carter commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

As a Maintenance Technician I can see this saving a lot of time and potential mistakes that could happen in the process of going from an estimate approval to parts being ordered.

Feedback and Knowledge Base