I suggest you ...

Allow invoices to be written off

One thing that would help us a lot would be the ability to write off invoices that we know are not getting paid and have already been written off in our books. We don't want to delete the invoice because we want the historical data, but we don't want the funds we know we won't receive showing up in the invoice aging report.

26 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Annie Seekins shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • john commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

This is very much needed and would be great for reporting both in RS and outside of RS... Talk to your accountant but usually when you have bad debt you would record it as bad debt in QB and so it would not show as paid .. additionally, this can be written off on your taxes.

• Annie Seekins commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Does that affect how that "payment" then syncs with software like QuickBooks? My hesitation with a "bad debt" payment method is that it will then show up in QB as paid and it will create more work on that end going through and writing off payments there. I guess if you take "bad debt" payments in repairshopr and then immediately write them off in QB it could work.

• Dean Elliott commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I have created a payment type of "Bad Debt" and take "payment" with that method so the invoice is closed off and you can still find it later.

Feedback and Knowledge Base