An update for anyone interested:
1. I don't know if this changed, but it seems easier now to link. Here is how I've done it:
- Go to Tickets
- Click Watchman Monitoring Alerts
- Click 'Show Unmapped Alerts'
- Click on the Computer name--this takes you to the RS asset
- Click Edit, then add the Customer's name that belongs to this Asset. Voila!
2. I have created a custom field under the customer to identify their subscription. This is a manual process that is part of on-boarding a new client--but the custom field allows for an icon of your choice to appear next to the customer's name, which is nice. It's not perfect, but it really helps us and maybe a good option for others as well!
3. The answer I can see from my experience so far is: Once the computer is removed from Watchman, it remains in RS, but still has the "Watchman Computer" as the asset type and all the specs from the last time it checked in. This is very good IMO!
Is this under review, yet? Yes, please!
If you are an admin you can email customers and contacts from the Invoice screen. If there is no email address, there is a "Send Ad-hoc email" option to enter an email address or you can enter another address in the "Invoice Email" field on the invoice. The workaround for any issues is to make a PDF and email it manually.
For IT Pros/MSPs you can now set override prices per customer via a contract. The rest of this might take a bit longer
I am considering switching back to Square after getting ripped off by Vantiv. I have seen the payment integration, but it sure would be nice to have the online payment option as well!
Being able to set which alerts automatically generate tickets would be fantastic. Then, anything urgent will be brought to our attention in real time right inside the RS ticket screen.
This also drives me crazy when I can't see the entire message that was sent to a customer from the Communication Log! Please make this feature available when you click "More"! 1 million votes. Thank you.
This is totally a no-brainer, except, there are tons of implications. If we allow some HTML, what is the subset? Most of the formatting stuff? colors?
Once colors and sizing is allowed, does that carry through to the mobile view, to the template system?
It would take 5 minutes to put a wysiwyg on the ticket comment – but much much more consideration to do it really well in all the places ticket comments show up.
Keep voting and commenting..
I like the part about having a signature for the logged in user for outgoing communications. So...maybe there could be a place in settings that was formattable, like Canned Responses, that could be added to a client communication or ticket comment. ?
I have recently noticed a lot of customers have random amounts of "Credit" on their profile, but I don't know how to track down where it came from or how to change it. This field on the customer detail page would be helpful!
I have been using Mercury/Vantiv and there are some pros, but a lot of cons:
- easy to accept payments with the iPad app and inside RS;
- easy to process refunds through RS that seamlessly sync to merchant;
- manual CC entry is same fee as a swipe, so no worry about extra fees;
- stored credit card feature for recurring payments, etc;
- customers can pay using the payment button on their invoice
- no chip reader available for iPad and Vantiv, only can use swipe or manual entry, makes us liable for errors or chargebacks;
- card reader is expensive and archaic, works most of the time, but we have encountered double charges or charges not going through due to various errors;
- No ability to create online payment buttons (like Paypal or Square store);
- Really old looking and clunky merchant website, complicated to run sales reports, etc;
- I have personally had problems with the merchant since the day I signed up, they have overcharged me every single month
For now, I'm dealing with them because they seem to want to work with us, the integration makes it worthwhile, and even though I'm getting overcharged, the rate is still better than anything else out there.
BUT...There's got to be a better way!