MailChimp is a great email service, although we have Marketr - sometimes you just like the tools over at MailChimp, and that's understandable!
What it does:
- Automatically adds your customers to a selected MailChimp "List"
- Automatically opt them out of MailChimp emails if they click an opt-out link from emails we are sending.
- Updates customers in MailChimp when you add a customer or change their email within our software.
What it doesn't do:
- Doesn't sync customers from MailChimp to our app.
- Doesn't create MailChimp "List"
To get started:
Log in to MailChimp and click your profile picture, then select Profile.
Click the Extras drop-down and select API Keys.
Click 'New' to create a new API Key, then copy the generated key.
- If you would like your Leads to sync into MailChimp, select the 'Subscribe all leads' checkbox.
- Open RepairShopr and after .com in your URL, add the following to the address. /reports/downloads?export=true
- Download the contact file generated.
- Follow MailChimp's instructions on importing contacts.
PLEASE CHECK IF YOU HAVE ANY CUSTOM FIELDS IN YOUR LIST that are marked as "Required". If you have the default MailChimp settings, then you won't have to change anything. However, if you have added any custom fields to your list, you need to uncheck any "required" fields you have on your account. Otherwise, they will not post to MailChimp from your ContactUs.com form. To complete this you need to login to your account (www.mailchimp.com), go to "Lists" on the top. Go to "Settings" => "List Fields and Merge Tags". Uncheck any custom fields you have created (i.e., anything besides Email, First Name and Last Name). Click "Save" and then it's good.