Welcome to the new and improved Documentation Center! Here, you can store free-form text like help documents, customer information, user guides, and more.
What it does
- Gives you a place to put content for your team with a nice HTML editor so you can create all kinds of nice looking content, including images and videos
- Easily create parent pages to link them children pages to create a hierarchy
- Add links to other pages, websites, custom widgets, booking calendars, and more
- Set document privileges to give all, one, or no customers access to certain documents in their customer portal
- Add a navigation side bar to organize your documentation internally
- Create customer specific documentation for each customer utilizing our template tags, making cloning documents for each specific customer that much easier
What it doesn't do
- Doesn't allow you to store files for download - but you can link to files that are accessible on the internet.
- Cannot link documents to assets (coming soon).
Getting Started with Customer Documentation
The customer wiki, located on the main customer detail page, is a place to include many details about your customer both internally, and externally in the customer portal. You can enable it under Admin > Customers > Preferences:
Once you have enabled this setting, you will be able to view and create a customer documentation page on their customer details page:
Once you've clicked the 'Customer Wiki Page' link for the first time, you'll be prompted to create the first wiki page for that customer:
Now that you have created your article and set it to be visible in the customer portal, you can revisit the customer to view their new link to their customer documentation!
You can also click the "Customer Online Profile" link to view what the customer sees inside their portal for their newly created documentation section:
Clicking on the document's link will take you to the customer's documentation, with the proper information replacing the template tags you added earlier:
Important notes for customer documents:
- If you want the customer to have access to this documentation, set the page type to Customer Portal
- If you do not want to associate this page to a specific customer, but would like all customers to have access to this documentation, leave the Customer Name blank
- On the other hand, if you only want a certain customer access to this page, please ensure to add the customer's name from the dropdown when typing the name into the text field
Getting Started with Internal Documentation
Firstly, we need to find the Documentation Center! If it is not already in your top navigation bar, make sure to enabled it in under "Admin" > "Tabs Customization".
Once you do, click on the navigation tab for "Documentation" to get started! You should see a page that looks a little like this:
Once here, you will want to click "New Page" to add a new documentation. Just make sure to add a Page Name and mark the Page Type as internal, and you should be all set!
Keep in mind that you can create "Parent-Child" by adding links to documents like this:
For internal wiki pages, you will only need to add the "Page Name" of the document to the URL text field. For external URLs, you will want to add the full URL to URL text field.
If there is anything we missed, or you would like clarification on, please do not hesitate to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org! We are more than happy to help. =)