The first step is to create a new Warranty Template.
This Template will capture the terms and Title of the Warranty for you to apply to an Inventory Item.
1. Go to Admin > Inventory > Warranty Templates.
2. Click New Warranty template:
3. Fill out the terms of the Warranty:
4. Go to Inventory > New Item to create an Inventory Item for this Warranty, to add to Invoices when needed:
5. Add to future Invoices:
6. After the Customer pays, this Warranty will then be tied to the Customer Record:
7. You can see a running list of ALL open warranties in Admin > Reports > Warranty List:
That is it! If you want to follow up with Customer to extend warranties that are due to expire, refer to this article.