Overview of our QuickBooks Integrations (Online vs Desktop)
What it Does
|Functionality||QuickBooks Online||QuickBooks Desktop|
|Sends Customer records to QB when an invoice is updated |
*will not update unless invoice is present and synced
|Syncs Payments from Quickbooks to RepairShopr||Yes||No|
|Sends Invoice records to QB when an invoice is updated||Yes||Yes|
|Sends Payment records to QB when a payment is made||Yes||Yes|
|Sends Purchase Orders to QB||Yes||No|
|Sends Products to QB (as items) when a product is updated||Yes||No|
|Live Updates - updates are sent immediately||Yes||No*|
|Syncs "RepairShopr Location" to QB "class"||Yes||No|
|Able to send your entire Customer list to QB at initial setup||Yes||Yes|
|Able to import your customers from QB at initial setup||Yes||Yes|
|Invoices with $0 totals sync||Yes||Yes ***|
|Tax Groups support for complex tax configurations||Yes||No|
|Overpayments (a payment that is made for more than the invoice)||Yes||Yes|
|Split Payments (multiple payments to complete an invoice)||Yes||Yes|
|One-Time export all Customers to QB||Yes||Yes|
|One-Time export all Products to QB||Yes||Yes|
|Void/Delete in QB for Invoices when deleted in RS||Yes||Yes|
|Creates Purchase Order Bills when PO is marked|
finished in RepairShopr
|Refund Invoices sync|
Invoices with refunds need to be adjusted manually in Quickbooks
|Customer Purchases sync||Yes||No|
|* They sync when you run the QBWC tool on your desktop|
** They map as real customer in RepairShopr, not sub customers
*** They sync after they are marked paid
RepairShopr works with all QuickBooks Online Small Business editions.
What it Doesn't Do
- It will not sync categories.
- It is not a two-way sync. The only exception are payments on
Quickbooks Online, the setting must be checked to enable.
- Purchase order shipping, notes and tax do not sync.
- It will not sync any updates made to a customer until there is an invoice of theirs to sync. If you simply want to update a customer without creating an invoice, you will need to make the changes yourself in both RepairShopr and QuickBooks.
- "Contacts" do not sync to Quickbooks.
- Refunds do not sync to Quickbooks.
- It does not work with the QuickBooks Online Freelancer Self-Employed edition, as RepairShopr is designed to work with QuickBooks packages that include inventory management functionality.
Important note on Quickbooks: Have your Quickbooks account properly configured by a book keeper/accountant before syncing with RepairShopr. Make sure there are no errors or bad/incomplete data.
Not having Quickbooks properly configured before syncing will cause long term issues that can be difficult to reconcile. If you have any errors, or any bad/incomplete data in Quickbooks, resolve them before setting up the sync. If you are setting up your Quickbooks account for the first time, have a book keeper/accountant set it up before syncing with RepairShopr. If you do have any errors in Quickbooks, contact Intuit to resolve them before syncing with RepairShopr.
After confirming that your Quickbooks account is properly set up and working smoothly:
QuickBooks Online Start Here
QuickBooks Desktop Start Here