What it does:
You are able to send an email from many places in the app; the Customer detail page, Leads, Contracts, Estimates, Invoices, and Tickets.
When a customer replies to any of these, the reply will be threaded back to where it came from.
You want to be able to see that this happened, so we put them at the top of the page in a small email widget - and you can also use the notification center to be notified of any replies.
The "Three Way Email"
We are working toward all emails in our software being "Three Way" - which we define as;
1. You can email a customer something from the app
2. They can reply to that email and you get the reply (as well as in our software)
3. You can reply to the reply notification from #2, and they get that reply (and they can reply to that, etc etc)
Currently all those places except tickets are Three Way enabled. You go into notification center and make a rule to be emailed when a reply comes in, and it's ready to go. Now when a customer replies, you get an email - and you can reply to that email to update the system and that will also email the customer back. It works in all the areas except tickets.
We have a pretty extensive email system already going on in tickets, and we wanted to make those changes gradually - so the ticket system email updates are still not finished.
Table of Contents
What you can do with a ticket is;
Email a customer, the customer can reply to that, and you can get a notification that they replied.
Ticket Comment Email
When you publicly comment on a Ticket, an email will be built like this
- TO: Customer Email and Additional Emails unless you have checked 'NO EMAIL'
- BCC: The technician that is assigned the ticket (unless it's you)
- FROM: Inbound Email Alias (This can be specified by heading over to Admin > Mailboxes)
*These will not appear in the communication log as emailed
Note: When a customer replies to a Ticket Comment, if you hover over the reply bubble in the upper right of the comment box, it will show the address of the person who replied. (This is handy when there are multiple people in the Ticket conversation via Additional CC's)
Note: If you reply to the outbound email or the reply notification from the customer - that will be attached to the ticket as a public comment currently and will be sent to the customer just like you commented via the web. You can note the difference by hovering over the name of the commenter and it will show the address of the person who replied, additionally, there will be a little envelope next to the date and time.
- TO: Private Staff Email (Private Staff Email can be specified by heading over to Admin > Tickets > Preferences.)
A note on SMS
SMS can be sent from a ticket update, and they have 2 features.
The customer can reply "A" to approve a repair, and anything they reply will be attached to the ticket.
LIMITATION ON SMS:
The mobile number they reply from must only exist on one customer, and that customer must have only 1 open ticket.
If you have the number duplicated, or they have multiple tickets, they get a message asking them to call you.
- TO: Customer and additional emails
- CC: The tech that was scheduled
- BCC: Private Staff Email (Private Staff Email can be specified by heading over to Admin > Tickets > Preferences.)
Admin > Tickets > Preferences.)
Please note that the invoice/estimate will not be emailed to the customer contact selected on the invoice/estimate. It will ONLY be sent to the main customer and to the invoice CC email.