This page is under construction as of March 2019, thank for your understanding and patience.
Inventory is the module we place all Hardware & Services in that you might sell. It's both a primary tab on the site navigation, and an overarching concept that includes Purchasing, Vendors, Purchase Orders, Stock Take, and lots more.
Table of Contents
- Inventory Settings
- Adding a Product
- One Time Use Products
- Pending Orders/Low Stock
- Purchase Order
- Bulk Editing Inventory
- Keeping Track of Stock
- How do I add a SKU?
- What is the difference between Parts and Inventory?
- What do all of the column headers mean on the CSV Export?
What it Does
- Tracks the items (both products and services) that you will sell
- You can choose to maintain stock at the item level
- Fully Serialized - meaning we track down to the individual instance
- Serial Numbers allowed - you can store individual serial numbers on each item if you want
- Batch Tracking from Purchase Orders ties instances to Vendors
- Set reorder level, desired quantity, cost, retail, categories, tons more
- One-Click electronic ordering available for select vendors
- Pending Orders page - All your reordering in one place
What it Doesn't Do
- Variants like; Size: Small, Medium, Large (you have to just duplicate the item)
- Send a daily Low-Inventory email: A daily email is triggered to your main account email address that shows you all Low-Inventory Items.
- Enable Wholesale Pricing: Allows you to sell Inventory Items at cost
Enable Purchasing from the public: Allows you to purchase Inventory items / parts from your Customers. For more information, refer to this article.
Enable RepairShopr to RepairShopr electronic ordering: Allows you to set up and purchase from a vendor that uses our application. You can read more about this ability inthis article.
Enable One-Time-Use Inventory Items: Enables the "One Time Use" checkbox on Inventory Products that will set them to be disabled once the stock runs out. You can read more about how to set up and use this by visting this article.
Show Categories(overriden to enabled if using PrePay Hours or Desposits): If you want to hide "Categories" uncheck this box
Enable the PrePay Hours tracking feature(also a Customers setting): Allows you to sell Pre-Pay hours to customers, learn more about this feature here: Pre-Pay Hours
Enable the Deposits feature(also an invoices setting): Check this box if you take "Deposits" for services or products. Learn More Here!
Show Top-Level-Categories as Tabs (only when no search query): Check this box when you want to show your categories as top level selectable tabs in your Inventory Page. Try it out :)
Enable Photos on Products: If you want to be able to attach photos to a product inside your inventory check this box
Use Basic Labels instead of Instance Labels on non-serialized Products:This toggles Basic Labels as the default labels and hides the the In-Stock Label.
The Category Editor allows you to organize all of your products and services by a particular category or sub-category.
Product Sales Reports only pulls information by category, so using this tool is perfect for getting granular data on what your shop sells
- UPC Code: This is where you will add your own Universal Product Code(UPC). Our system will generate a barcode for you using this number.
- Retail Product or Service: Indicates that the item is a product or service
- Discount - Amount/Percent: Use this if you want to create a Percentage discount that can be added as a line item on an invoice. Categorize this as a discount and it becomes a trackable item in your "Product Sales Report"
- Price Retail: This is the Price for your customer.
- Price Cost: This is what you paid to purchase this product
- Taxable: This checkbox indicates whether the item is "taxable" or not. Leave it unchecked if the item should be tax free
- Notes: This is a box to add any notes that will be used internally for this product.
- Maintain Stock: Checking this box will allow you track quantity, order from purchase orders, and get alerts when an item is running low on stock.
- Serialized: Check this box if you have items you would like to track using a serial number.
- One Time Use: Check this box if you would like the system to disable the product once it reaches a quantity of 0
- Re-order At: This will trigger a pending "Low Stock" request and will alert you if you have a notification set.
- Desired Stock level: The system will create a pending order to bring you back to this "desired stock level" when you hit your re-order point
- Quantity: This is the amount of items you have in stock
- Category: You can categorize items to organize them and certain categories will trigger other features in the system e.g. "Labor", "Pre-Pay Hours", "Deposit"
- Sort Order: This allows you to set certain products into a higher position on your inventory list so that they are easier to find. Users will sort by order of importance.
- Physical Location: Where the item is located physically in your shop
- Condition: The condition the item is in e.g. "New","Used"
- Warranty Template: This willl allow you to assign Warranties to Products so that when the product is sold the Warranty gets added to the customer's record. You will need to create a warranty template first to use this feature. Learn to create warranty templates here!
Click on the "Inventory Tab" and then click on the green button that says "New Item" to get started.
Create and Send Purchase orders on the fly in the Purchase Order Module of your account.
You will want to have your Vendors already entered before you start creating purchase orders, so if you haven't already follow the step by step instructions below on creating a Vendor List.
Creating a Vendor List
1. Head over to ADMIN > Scroll down and click Vendors on the left side under the "Inventory Sub-Section".
2. Click on the green button that says "+ New Vendor" to get started.
3. Fill out all of the appropriate fields and click "Create Vendor" and you are all set!
4. The Vendor Profile will look like the image below and you can reach it at any point by clicking on the vendor's name highlighted in blue.
Creating a Purchase Order
Only items that have maintain stock checked can be ordered through the Purchase order module.
1. Go to Purchase Orders and click on "New Purchase" Order
2. Select the Vendor from the drop-down and fill in the other fields that apply
3. Click on the green "Create Purchase Order" button. It will bring you to a page that looks like this.
|Add All Low Stock Items||Add All Low Stock Items by this Vendor||Add All Pending Items||Email to Vendor|
|Adds all items that are below your desired stock level||Adds items that are below your desired stock level for a particular vendor only||Adds all Pending Orders to the Purchase Orders, to learn more follow this link||This will trigger an email of your purchase order to the vendor to start the order process|