The RMA Tracking Center is very similar to the Parts/Logistics modules, but meant to track items you are returning to someone and is fully integrated with Inventory. You can access the RMA Tracking Center by going to Inventory and clicking Returns Manager.
You can then click Create New to start a new RMA. When would you want to create a new RMA? Maybe you buy a part from eBay and it arrives broken. Just create an RMA and track it so you are sure you get your money back!
When creating a new RMA, you can input a name, description and select the vendor the RMA applies to.
Once you have saved your new RMA, you can then select the item that is being returned. If the item is serialized, you can select the specific serial number you are returning after the item has been added. Items can be added either by manually typing the name or by scanning a barcode.
Once the item has been added, the quantity selected will be removed from inventory. In the event of a serialized item, the selected serial number(s) will be removed from inventory as well.
After adding your item to the RMA, you can then begin the process of tracking the return.
The following are description of the various options available:
- Restock - moves back to active/available inventory and resolves the return.
- RMA Requested - changes the status to say it's basically waiting for your vendor to approve the RMA so you can return the item to them. You will then have additional tracking options available:
- RMA Sent - allows you to update the status indicating that the item has been sent back to your vendor. You will have additional status updates to follow your return along the process, either of which will resolve the return. Selecting RMA Repaired will move the item back into active inventory.
- RMA Declined - allows you to indicate that your vendor has declined your RMA request. Selecting this will resolve the return.
- Breakage - this means the item, for whatever reason, needs to be destroyed, inventory lost, broken, etc
- Edit - allows you to modify the return, add items to it, etc