Bring your own SMTP allows you to use your own mail server for for sending customer-facing emails out of RepairShopr.
Table of Contents
The BYO SMTP feature will handle all outbound email to your customers/clients once activated.
Examples: Ticket Comment Emails, Invoice Emails, Estimate Emails, etc.
BYO SMTP will not send RepairShopr Notification emails to your techs, rather they will still be sent from RepairShopr and show as coming from there.
Examples: "New Lead Created" Notification, "Someone replied to my ticket" Notification, etc.
Marketr statistics do not work if SMTP is enabled on an account. They only work when using our email provider.
Before you get started, you need to configure an inbound Mailbox for SMTP to work.
- Head to Admin > Emails - SMTP.
- Take note on the right of the Current Outbound Mailbox to verify it's the one you want to use. You can click the here link to change it. In the below example, it still needs to be set up with a custom address by following the rest of the steps.
- Check the box to Use your own SMTP server.
- Enter the details in the fields. See the reference links for assistance with popular email hosts.
- Click the Test button to verify everything is working.
- You will be prompted with a message letting you know to check your user email for the test message.
- Once you have verified you have received the message, click Save to begin using the SMTP server.
Please use the following links for help on setting up different email servers.
Gmail: Check Gmail through other email platforms
IMPORTANT IF USING 2FA: You will need to use an Application Password
Outlook for Microsoft 365: Server settings you'll need from your email provider
Microsoft Best Practices: How to set up a multifunction device or application to send email using Microsoft 365 or Office 365
For your first step in troubleshooting, we recommend you check Admin > Integrations - Status Dashboard > SMTP to view any errors that may be occurring. If you see an error that isn't listed, please email email@example.com and we'd be happy to assist.
If your SMTP Username is not in an email format, such as those using Amazon Simple Email Server, the Domain name field becomes required and must be entered for SMTP success.
Send As DENIED exception error: The SMTP username does not have permission to send from the outbox mailbox address. To fix this, make sure the SMTP credentials have permission to send email email from the outbound mailbox.