Zapier. Oh God... Open the Zapier Floodgates. AUTOMATE ALL THE THINGS.
You want to mark 'COMPLETED' to a huge percentage of ideas in this feedback forum? Open the Zapier floodgates.
There are some conversations around here talking about getting Zapier to do stuff with other things like Contacts, Slack, etc. While nice... those things only scratch the surface and only help those of us that use those specific services.
What about using Zapier to integrate Repairshopr WITH REPAIRSHOPR.
The possibilities are absolutely endless.
- New ticket created by ABC Company.
- Email the customer saying a new ticket is opened. Right now, if email is selected, when creating a ticket the customer gets the same exact email as if you just wrote an emailed comment. There's no indication that a new ticket was opened. There's no way to formally acknowledge the ticket was received and say some things that would manage the customer's expectations. 'we respond to tickets in the order we received them in. we're open from 9-5.' etc. etc.
- If there's an overdue invoice, send an email to the tech who opened the ticket alerting them.
- Does ABC Company have a certain SLA / Contract / Warranty ? Change ticket priority to HIGH. Send email to the team that handles high priority tickets.
- If it's a certain type of customer, automatically fill in some custom fields.
- Automatically create an estimate based on the issue type.
- Automatically add additional addresses to the emaill address notify box.
- Ticket Resolved
- Create a warranty / contract / SLA if certain conditions are met.
- Send email notice to customer that their ticket has been closed.
- Create reminder for tech to follow up with a phone call if certain conditions in the ticket are met.
- Create follow up or rework ticket if certain conditions are met.
- Automatically assign ticket to specific person (supervisor) if ticket was closed by a specific person. (hell, you could make a 'Under Review' ticket status that would handle this better)
- Automatically generate an invoice of anything that is unbilled.
Other random things:
- Automatically send email back to customer if they respond to a ticket owned by someone who is currently in a meeting.
- Automatically create reminders / emails / tasks if tickets get stale.
I will personally fly out to wherever the hell Troy and the gang are and I'll buy the whole team a delicious meal at a fine establishment like Applebees. And drinks. oh there WILL be drinks.
For a reference point of what services utilize this really well, check out www.pipedrive.com I just started playing in there and it's INCREDIBLE. I can have pipedrive zap itself with all sorts of things automating the whole sales process.
We’ve got a few new triggers in place – continue commenting on this thread if you have other requests and we’ll see about adding them!
James Moore commented
Hey there, just a request to be able to add a comment update to a ticket via Zapier.
Please add Reminders to Zapier functionality
Could we have a trigger that puts private ticket comments into something like slack or excel? That would be an option instead of adding that to the communication log within Repairshopr.
Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented
@Troy, Just wondering if you'll still be putting all RS triggers/actions found in Zapier into the Ticket Automations section in Administration? We're interested in using Zapier to work with EXTERNAL applications, but it would make sense that INTERNAL actions in the RS system are handled internally. Can you confirm with a status update on this?
Probably better suited as a "forum" question, as kind of indirect to RS (just saw about the FB group and requested) but alas.... I saw 2-way sync isn't supported yet, so in the mean time, is there an app (anyone knows of) that's capable of "triggering" a comment onto a ticket? I've checked a few (G Docs, Wrike, OneNote, G Tasks, Evernote) and they're all only of the "create a new..." type. =(
Paul Ponting commented
A new ticket trigger would be great
We added the Ticket Status Changed trigger, ticket update actions will be coming soon
Please allow all functions within RS to be manipulated in RS!! For example we use RingCentral .. I would like a missed call in ring central to be logged as a incoming call to the customer profile and then I will trigger an email to our sales guy to let him know. I might also like to create a reminder on the customers profile for us to follow up. Also we use multiple inbound lead generation services - we have an email parser setup in Zapier and I would like those leads to create a customer profile automatically for us .. I could go on .. but the point is ALL functions we can do in RS should be replicated to Zapier so we truly could customize and integrate the platform however we like.
I went into detail in the OP, but expanding upon that... We'd like to be able to able to manipulate anything in the ticket. The status, the issue type, the ticket type, be able to add comments (private,public,email), who the ticket is assigned to, etc.
@rob - please be more specific. You mean you want "Actions" in zapier to do things like "change a ticket status" etc?
Is there any timeline for Zapier improvements here? The few items that have been added don't have much value for our operations specifically. We really need to be able to work with and manipulate tickets.
You're making me giddy!
I've tested the Contacts zap as far as I can. Works fine.
The invoice zap doesn't have a use case for us. Or at least I haven't found one yet.
Michael Dinkins commented
I know there are currently two connections for Zapier and RepairShopr with the customers being added and invoice creation. Can we take the invoice creation one step further and have it so that Zapier picks up when the invoice is paid? We have customer that need to know an amount to pay, then do no pay it for weeks or even months. I would then be able to use a Zap to kick off when the customer picks up their computer and has paid for services.