Skip to content

General

162 results found

1. Include Ticket name and/or customer name in the title

I like to have several tabs open at once so that I can view different tickets or customers simultaneously - It would be very helpful to have the ticket name or customer name in the html title so that the tab would show which is which. This would also be nice when using the back button, as pulling up the "back" list just shows our business name for all previous pages.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Robert Reichner responded

We haven’t had many requests for this so we’ll probably not do this for now but can revisit in the future.

2. Integration with a program called UVK or Ultimate Virus Killer

I found this program from a review I seen on technibble it's called UVK and it does the same thing as D7 and repairtech but in my opinion it does it better and for a less cost to the repair shop. I would like to see it be integrated with repairshopr. I have tried all three product but still use UVK the most. My fellow techs please take a look at this product and if you agree that it needs to be integrated into repairshopr then please place a vote or two thanks Rick

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We weren’t able to find and API for this and haven’t had further requests so we’ll decline this for now.

3. link payment types to corresponding registers?

At the moment when we recieve payment on an invoice we can choose payment method. My Idea is to link a payment type to a register. That way we dont have to change register if a customer chooses to pay via EFTPOS and cash or if we are serving more than one customer in quick succession we dont have to always change registers when different customers use different payment methods or are paying into different registers.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

For the time being we plan to drive these by the register rather than payment type.

4. Drop down box in payment form to nominate which register is used for a payment

When we click on payment form we are taken to the payment form. In this form I suggest we have a drop down box to nominate which register the payment is being made too. For example if we are taking a cash payment we would click the drop down box and select the "cash register" and if we are taking a card payment we select "bank account" register. If these payments are the first payments of the day then we would be forced to open and close the register we nominate.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This wouldn’t register the correct location for these payments so we’ll need to decline this for now.

5. Settings Streamline

It seems the settings are a bit disjointed. A few settings just populate the middle column with relevant content (http://i.imgur.com/Ma3dpu5.png), while other settings in the left column take you to a weird version of the same settings (http://i.imgur.com/2CM9OMC.png). It would be nice if all settings conformed to the former and instead of the latter.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Move Sunday to end of week in calendar

Hey guys,

Any objection to moving Sunday to the end of the week on the field jobs calendar. Many shops are closed on Sunday, and even the ones that are open tend to consider Monday the first day of the week.

The reason we'd like this done is because we want to use Sunday as a "placeholder" day for tentative appointments that need to be "fit in" during free time. This is part of our temporary Band-Aid fix until the calendar is updated to support free/tentative/busy classification.

Thanks!

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  7. Speech to text.

I would like to see speech to text and maybe an app for iPads for the kiosk I'm gonna use my iPad as a kiosk have the customer fill it out and it would be nice when they're explaining a problem if they could just use the microphone and speak it and it will type for them instead of trying to type on an iPad, would be very cumbersome I would believe or is there something out there already. trying to use Dragon but you can only copy and paste it, can't do it right in the fields so checking…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This probably isn’t in the scope of something we plan to build in the near future, though it’s certainly an interesting idea!

8. Hidden comment on inventory items

Any way we can allow regular technicians (without access to full product details like vendor and price) to see a hidden "note" for reference? A few of our items use special download links or are difficult to find in our inventory room.

It would be great if we could have something like alt-text when hovering on item descriptions, or maybe light grey text below item descriptions that doesn't print out for notes like these:

Download link: go.vipreis.com/downloads/linkid=405&affid=336905
    or
    Manager required: COA sticker is locked in safe
    or
    Item location: Row 4, shelf 2, bin 8.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

At this time we only plan to have the notes field available for this purpose.

9. Remote support feature

How about a remote support tool to be able to control customers computer remotely. When I had kayako they had the tool called OnSite which basically worked just like logmein rescue where you enter a session number and a tool downloads and then connects the customer remotely with the technician.

I think that would be a good feature to integrate with RepairShopr. Do it in-house though if possible so we do not have to integrate and pay for another product thru another company.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We plan to integrate with additional solutions for this but aren’t currently looking at building this ourselves.

10. Import FreshBooks data

I've been using FreshBooks for over 7 years, so it is difficult to switch to a new product that can't import all my data from it. Ideally your product would utilize the FreshBooks API to pull the data over. You can check out harvestapp.com for an example of this working correctly.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’ve found that accounting system integrations are quite significant so we plan to develop Quickbooks and Xero as the main ones for now.

11. Change order of toolbar modules

This is a very minor idea and is not urgent. I just noticed the order of the modules on the toolbar are kind of out of "order" according to our workflow when recently training a noob.

It makes sense that Customers is first - for lookup or creation. However, after finding or adding a customer, you most often create a Ticket. If it's a field job, you add that after a ticket, if not during. Then you add estimates to a ticket, maybe order parts or use inventory, and then make an invoice.

Not sure if it would be possible…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This follows Quickbooks conventions so we probably won’t change it for now.

12. For walk in customers there would be separate option for creating ticket and invoice

For walk in customers, there should be separate option that directly create ticket with timer in no time and no email should be necessary . Kindly do this as ticket system is basically for mail in customers and customers through email. There should be separate system for walk in customers so no time would be taken.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

The walk-in customer is really only intended for people that don’t want to leave their name. You should be able to create customers for walk-ins that only want to leave a phone number currently.

13. Enable "Low Cost" Tracking Feature

Hi RS,

With computer hardware and parts, the prices tend to fluctuate, A LOT. Currently, we are using the "worst case scenario high price" for our Cost field on inventory items. That way we know not to buy if it's above that cost for some reason.

A good example is SSDs (256GB). We have our cost in (conservatively) at $119. However, sometimes they cost as much as $140 (in which case we'll hold off on buying until the price drops), other times they're as low as $105 (in which case we'll stock up). Currently, they are on sale for $95-100.…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a good idea but probably a major feature and not on our immediate roadmap.

14. UI Improvements

The rule I was taught when programming was "Make every CREATE or DELETE action deliberate (at least two clicks with no defaults!), so as to reduce potential issues from accidental clicks! Especially when sequential numbering systems can be affected!" This is even MORE important now that people are using smartphones, tablets and touch screens in general! The possibility of a mis-click is quite high!

For example, Invoices and Estimates can be created with a single click and no line items! This can really throw off numbering sequences and accounting flags. I suggest implementing a "cart", you can add items to…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have been reviewing deletes throughout the app. We don’t have plans to add a cart function for invoices and estimates at the moment, though as we haven’t heard this affecting many users.

15. Be able to add check marks to "field types" under creating "fields" under custom field types.

Being able to add something like additional items left as an additional custom field and being able to pick under "field types" to use check marks . you guys currently offer the "check box option" but would like a "check box option" with an add answer option to name the check box. and make multiple check boxes availble under the same field type.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would probably be challenging to design well. The best bet would be to have a check box and text field for those questions. We’ll decline at the moment but can revisit when we revise how custom fields are handled in the future.

16. Multiple invoice template at a click of a button

I would like to see multiple invoice templates that can be used depending if it is a walk in customer or a recurring corporate client so I can have different information on the invoices

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is possible for us down the road, but it’s not on our immediate roadmap.

17. Integrate with Payleap

Would be nice if Repair Shopr integrated with Payleap for Credit card transactions and Recurring charges

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Because there are so many possible options, we’re not currently considering additional payment integrations at this time.

18. Show A PRINT Status For Invoices On The Invoice Manager

Some of my customers like their Invoices Snail-Mailed which I do myself

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Customer tab display

Please go back to the old way that the customers tab is displayed- with the customers listed by date created by default.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  20. Customer #id

We still have a lot of paper to sort out regarding our customers. It's currently sorted from A to Z but it's a pain to put in order when there is more than 100 customers under the same letter.
    It would be great to be able to set a customer #id in the customer page (not the one in the url which is really too long). Going from 0001 to XXXX Then we could follow that number to organise and sort our paper folders.
    That number should be auto-increment.

We currently have the residential customers on one side and business…

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We probably won’t automate this but you could create a Customer Custom Field for this and populate it yourselves.

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base