General

1. Use Paypal to pay through the POS

I use the virtual terminal to process my credit cards right now.
    Is there a good way to integrate this into the POS?

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Sign in with: Facebook Google
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  2. Allow customers to view parts status on the customer portal

Currently, I just manually send my customers the tracking# for all parts orders. I think it would be beneficial for the customers to be able to see that as part of the customer portal.

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  3. unify RepairShopr & RepairShopr mobile sites

Due to the normal RepairShopr site now scaling so well on mobile, can we drop the mobile site and move "Field Jobs" from mobile site, to the main site?
    It would less for you guys to maintain aswell.
    Just a thought

7 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  4. Allow use of a printer connected to the PC / Network that RepairShopR accesses.

We use a PC as our main RepairShopR station. As most of our work is carry in to the store, this works well for us.

We have experienced problems with Cloud Print...Not printing and delayed printing. We print the Ticket and Intake form while the customer i here and give them a copy as their claim check. We therefore need to print immediately on finishing taking in the job.

Also, This morning the printer spewed out 2 copies of all the new Tickets and Intake forms from yesterday.

I understand that we can create a PDF of the form and…

6 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  5. Deleting Items - without csv import!!

Ok, so this is driving me crazy. I'm trying to correct my inventory and I have a bunch of 'disabled' items that I want to permanently delete. I've tried importing the .csv file with 'delete'=TRUE and a few other variations, but it just doesn't seem to be doing anything. Can we please just get the option to 'delete' disabled items from the disabled items page?? :/

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback. We currently do not have plans to allow inventory items to be deleted once they have been used (sold) on a invoice. Allowing them to be deleted would cause accounting issues on your reports. Disabling items is the best course of action so that they can no longer be added to anything or sold accidentally.

Thanks,

6. Tentative Calendar Events

HOW HAS NO ONE ELSE THOUGH OF THIS ?!!?!?!

Hey guys, this is CRITICAL. I just realized how much we are failing by not having these features. We constantly have business appointments that are "flexible" and just need to be on the calendar so they can be "fit in" between appointment gaps.

EVERY enterprise/decent calendar program (Google/Exchange/365/OutOfOffice/etc) uses different "types" of events (busy/tentative/free), so why not RS?

We need appointments to have a type so we can know if appointments are tentative. Otherwise, we are risking losing appointments because of being "booked solid" when one of those may be okay…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  7. An optional popup message during checkout

This would be a great way to make sure the customer gets all the information about there computer and repairs. When the technician is finalizing the ticket, it would be very helpful if the there was a "popup message center button" They would then fill out a message box so that whoever is checking the customer can give them special instructions and follow up information from the technician. Once the person checking out the customer has read and explained the information, an ok button would clear it and payment can be taken

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  0 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  8. WHMCS Integration - Webhost Billing Connection

For those of us that provide webhosting... WHMCS is probably the Best Web Hosting management software.

WHMCS has a great API.

Here are links --> http://docs.whmcs.com/API

Maybe a integration at some point could help keep our webhosting business and computer repair business synced.

Thoughts all?

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  9. Native app with offline sync

Would be great if there was a native Windows application that we could install on our 2 POS stations. In the event of losing internet at our repair shop, we are dead in the water. If there were a native app that synced with the cloud app, we could continue to check devices in and out of the system and when the internet comes back up, it syncs the changes to the cloud.

That being said, an iOS/Android app would be awesome too. The mobile site kind of sucks trying to use in the field.

Love the system overall though,…

5 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Invoices should be able to be converted into purchases

invoices should be able to be converted into purchases. Once purchased and finally placed into inventory and should have some sort of ticket that stays with item until sold....then when we have sold item should have a reference number attached to the new customer we are selling to ...so that if the item comes back with a problem we can retrace what happen with phone

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  11. Set 'Issue Type' on Diagnosis comment

We find setting this on book in is helpful, but its an assumption.
    Nice to be offered a chance to change when entering "Diagnosis" comment.
    It would be better if the book in setting showed "Not Confirmed" next to it as well. (so other staff know its an assumption, until confirmed)
    - I realise it can be changed under Ticket Info (Change)

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Customers paying via PayPal

Most of my customers dislike the new feature that they need to sign in to their account and then find the open invoice and pay the bill.
    I wish you can make an easy payment link via PayPal so customer can pay open invoice at ease. Not everyone is tech savy and the quicker they pay the bill. The faster the work can be done.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  13. Quickbooks sync

I suggest having a check box on the invoice list that allows you to resync invoices to quickbooks without having to go into each individual invoice and then allowing you to check all invoices on the list and syncing them at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  14. Payment Voucher Integration

Hi Troy,

I would like to suggest to have a payment voucher system in the current ticketing system.

Basically, the payment voucher can be use for our employee to claim payments made by them.

There are many instances where we as the owners and the employees make payments for business using our own money.

The money has to be claimed later on.
    This payment voucher can be utilise for proper record and also accounting.

Do let me know

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  15. Canadian tax rates

Here in some Canadian provinces, we use multiple tax rates nested in each other, and we require more than just a workaround as we need precise reporting.

Here is what I mean:

Total = Subtotal + (Subtotal * Tax1) + ( (Subtotal + (subtotal * Tax1) ) * Tax2)

I'm interested in the platform but this is stopping me. We really need official support and reporting for this to suit our needs.

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
  16. Use customers Drivers License or ID card to add "new customer".

Okay, for real - this is genius:

The Authorize.net API is really great. It reads 3 line track data from a credit card, and transcribes that data into all the required fields for a swipe to complete, and then processes the transaction automatically. It saves a ton of time and hassle compared to a third party swiper.

Why don't you do the same thing for custom info? You can use the same card swiper to run a drivers license at the "new customer" screen. It could pull the first name, last name, address, and city state zip. All you would…

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

This IS genius – but I don’t want to build this system for all 200 types of drivers licenses we’ll get asked about.

Sorry everyone :)

17. remove the black line on integration opportunities

Hello repairshopr
    Now that you do not want to make it possible to change your options in your Website Integration. Can you remove the black line at the top of the form, where our company name is?

It will make it very easy to use them on our sites. I ask this because you have some really good integration opportunities but can not use them as my clients leave my website when using these.

Thanks in advance

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  18. Pcpartpicker

I saw that you had the site WholeSaleGadgetParts.com intergrated into the part syste. I would like to see something similar with http://pricespy.co.uk/ and pcpartpicker.com. Thanks

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  19. Ticket Sorting

When you try to sort tickets by customer alphabetically on the tickets page, it doesn't seem to have any rhyme or reason to how it sorts...it certainly isn't alphabetical...

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)

Yeah – it’s just sorting by the customer_id, which is sort of just the order they were added. Some day we’ll do this, but for now it’s just hard to get the database to do it quickly without a lot of work.

20. Status for "Deleted" tickets so they can be audited

Hey guys,

We really appreciate you making the option to truly delete tickets. This was super helpful for accidentally created tickets and all of our tests. Now, a little change request.

Is there any way you can make deleted tickets appear to fall off to all but admin users, and have them go to some kind of "hidden pool". You could add a status called "Deleted" below "Resolved" in the drop down status list - but only make that option/pool available to global admins.

So, clicking Delete Ticket would do the following:
    Trigger the "Job Cancelled" option in the ticket. …

4 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    (thinking…)
    Signed in as (Sign out)
  • Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base