We are going to put ticket comments in the communication log, hopefully that helps this one. Let us know if you really want the new manual log entry after this..
Why can't they put a comment on the ticket ie; "Thanks for the call, to recap..."
Hey everyone – we have added the “Sync to QuickBooks Online” bit for beta_testers, if you are not a beta tester currently, you will get this feature in a couple weeks. We are not accepting new beta testers at this time.
For those of you that are beta testers, please visit QuickBooks settings in RepairShopr and select your Accounts Payable account for PO’s to sync to in QB and let us know here in the comments what feedback you have for it!
@ralph - We were watching the Xero api development for months and they only released create and not update. It looks like they do have it now, so we'll look at getting that work scheduled. Probably a couple months still..
@James, yeah, that is incomplete - you can follow the progress here. We won't start until this complete: https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/4327134-enable-the-upcoming-purchase-order-module-to-link
@curtis - you are on the only one I've heard from now, did you get a concrete example to customer service to look at?
From my note a bit ago about things that were still pending, here is the updated list:
- Make it so you can link to a product from detail page and copy text from the line items - DONE
- Bugfix pulling cost back from electronic ordering systems more reliably - DONE
- Status dropdown on PO page - don't make full page reload, speed that up a lot - DONE
- Sync PO's to QuickBooks Online - DONE
- Sync PO's to Xero (now waiting for the PO API - they just marked as started) - waiting for xero
- Tracking of shipment - tracking numbers - DONE
- Add the ability to "Quick Add" an item to the pending orders page (internal backorders) - DONE (shipping today)
- Put a list of all low stock items on the pending orders page - DONE (shipping today)
- Finish off product labels/barcode with the new serialized inventory system - labels will tell what batch/vendor/etc a product came from - DONE
For anyone interested in watching the Xero work progress - it was here https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/4327134-enable-the-upcoming-purchase-order-module-to-link
@ralph - that is possible, we were going to do that, but Xero has just marked the PO API work as "In Progress". We would rather wait for that than do the work twice.
Hey everyone, quick progress report.
Here are some of the things we did in the last couple weeks:
- Added a delete button to the detail screen
- Nightly reorder emails filter out items that are already pending
- Now a PO can have a user attached, and they are filterable (so you can assign them if you want)
- You can add attachments to them
- The filter/search was added and has a few ways to filter the PO list page
- The vendor SKU will now show on the PO detail page - instead of only in the email/pdf
Here are some things that are still pending:
- Make it so you can link to a product from detail page and copy text from the line items
- Bugfix pulling cost back from electronic ordering systems more reliably
- Status dropdown on PO page - don't make full page reload, speed that up a lot
- Sync PO's to QuickBooks Online
- Sync PO's to Xero (now waiting for the PO API - they just marked as started)
- Tracking of shipment - tracking numbers
- Add the ability to "Quick Add" an item to the pending orders page (internal backorders)
- Put a list of all low stock items on the pending orders page
- Finish off product labels/barcode with the new serialized inventory system - labels will tell what batch/vendor/etc a product came from
Sure Ralph - at this time we have 22 tasks lined up, there will probably be a few more coming. I think we'll be able to release 1-4 of them a week on average, maybe the whole set of changes will be done in a month or two. (maybe)
1 voteAdminTroy (Founder, RepairShopr) shared this idea ·
Hasn't been implemented because it's going to take someone a full day of work, a similar amount of time as adding a medium sized new feature (with more votes).
It has a reasonable workaround - copy out, edit, paste back in (with commas) and click the x to split into tokens.
Would everyone please add a comment to this and give a sentence or two about how they would like the integration to work?
- Eg, is it with a cloud shipping service?
- Do you download a file which some desktop app is able to open to make a label?
- Please let us know in the comments how this could work in your situation so we can get an idea what is involved
@andre - I should clarify, we aren't going to build in any of that functionality - we are open to integrating to cloud/desktop software to handle all that though. If anyone has shipping software they like, and can speak to the experience/workflow of what kind of integration is desired - that would be super helpful!
@mike - can't you just take partial payments as they come in?? The Invoice will reflect the new balance owed each time..
Someone could also remote into their work computer from their phone using teamviewer and clock in - we just don't get into this type of security because it gives you a false sense of security.
You should always have policies in place so staff knows they will be in trouble if they commit fraud against your timeclock by clocking in while they are not actually there, etc.
This got a lot of votes fast..
How would it work? With the iFixit catalog and the wholesale gadget parts catalog we import the entire thing into our DB, or directly into your inventory in RS. We couldn't do that with amazon for sure.
Would you want to map an amazon product to a RepairShopr product, sort of like vendor SKUs - but put the ASIN there?
Would you just want an auto-complete-like search on the parts order page??
Other ideas for how to actually integrate it?
In my experience, when you want something like a hard drive or a stick of ram - you almost never buy the same one more than once or twice, because the pricing/availability changes so much - you are constantly re-shopping on amazon.
Can you link us to an API doc?
@imperialconnections - it's the green box on the left when you are on the customers page
Ah, I'll edit this suggestion title
I think this is already in the Notification Center - can you try out the ones that are there and let us know if you were looking for something different?
They do show pretty prominently on the ticket dashboard, do you have that setup anywhere in your shop?
@jason - We've had electronic order integration live in beta for WGP for quite a while. (Since October!)
Just put your site username into the settings field on the WGP App Center page, make sure you have a vendor called "Wholesale Gadget Parts", and make sure you have their skus attached to the product here:
Then from the PO there will be an active "Electronically Process" button that should put all the items in your cart.
@Jason - is the csv mainly for wholesalegadgetparts ?
lol - where was this lobbied for?? Just got like 10 comments in 2 minutes :)
The override field IS the "other" box :)
It's off if you aren't logged in (for customers)
We are kind of moving toward just doing the product labels on the Purchase Order when you receive product, the more powerful labels will only be there so you can have more data on them.
Are you using purchase orders?
A draft of the product bulk editor was just released, mostly for the printing ability.
Now you can check multiple items, hit bulk, and print - whichever label you want. Hope that helps a few of the cases mentioned here.
Good point - we need a button to mass print the better looking labels.
This is more like, additional people can subscribe/follow for updates right?
You can’t “assign” something to more than one person..
Would “follow” with notifications get you what you are after?
@pat I'm not excited about the idea of multiple people being "assigned" a ticket. You could put multiple attendees on that appointment, it would be on all of their calendars, they could all add updates, that all works just fine. Just the idea of "assigning" to a group feels wrong.
Filtering by "assignee" becomes pretty funky, nobody is responsible at that point. I don't think it makes sense.
I do understand the concept of subscribing to updates, following a thread, being like a CC on an email thread, etc etc - those concepts make sense to me.
So if you have a customer with 100 assets, you have to manually link them all? When they create a new one, it’s not linked – and you have to go link it?
Would it be better to have a contract cover all assets without having to select them??
@Mathew - Please see my question, this doesn't quite address it..
It kind of doesn't make sense you would have someone processing a Purchase Order, and not allowed to know what you are paying for something.
Why is this happening??
We won't add this in RepairShopr, would you be interested in checking with one of our preferred developers to see what it would cost? I would bet it's just a few hundred dollars..
Couldn’t you add questions like:
Question 1 (sensor 1):
Question 1 (sensor 2):
Changing this for everyone doesn’t sound like an obvious correct thing to do.
Have you tried making them narrower so more fit "per row" on the printed version?
We can help with that if you want, it can be done in the CSS (styles) in the ticket template editor.