@Seby for your case the "Actions - Parts Status" link will show what you are describing. For the more complicated case of checking a whole bunch of different tickets quickly, this could make sense - we'll probably wait a little while for a Ticket page refresh to get this done.
We got the message - we no longer have a mac desktop developer and are looking to fill that role. In the meantime you could try google cloudprint again, or setup a windows (even virtual machine) to run the print server if you really rely on automated printing.
Maybe this could be a request for a new permission to "allow manual serialized instance creation" or something. Most multi-employee shops have told us they want to disallow their staff from doing this because then you have no idea where the device came from.
This is totally a no-brainer, except, there are tons of implications. If we allow some HTML, what is the subset? Most of the formatting stuff? colors?
Once colors and sizing is allowed, does that carry through to the mobile view, to the template system?
It would take 5 minutes to put a wysiwyg on the ticket comment – but much much more consideration to do it really well in all the places ticket comments show up.
Keep voting and commenting..
@ryan - they are helpful to illustrate some of the original posts points, but the post specifically calls out asking for a WYSIWYG and wanting HTML in ticket comments and that was not mocked. You need to show rich HTML like a newsletter, paypal receipt, etc in the ticket comments area, ticket template, etc.
You can probably do this with a customer custom field + an icon? Just setup what the icons mean with a label on the wall or something? http://feedback.repairshopr.com/knowledgebase/articles/295874-customer-custom-fields
@tim - Good news! We've had that forever! Especially watch the video at the bottom of this KB page - http://feedback.repairshopr.com/knowledgebase/articles/295874-customer-custom-fields
Hey, I removed the second part because you can do that in the template editor already - left the high contrast bit - thanks!
1 voteAdminTroy (Founder, RepairShopr) shared this idea ·
@ryan - I think the magic color for "Invoiced" doesn't allow any overrides - they just stay green. We can consider making those still work if overridden or something - we'll look at it...
Thank you for your comment. Is there something specific that you’re seeing can not currently be translated?
The customer portal is already 100% translated to many languages, let us know if you find specific things missing..
I guess I meant more to the workaround, if you have them included in the ticket template - public/private will toggle them on/off of that printout.
Ryan - doesn't toggling them to Private do this for you? Maybe if we had them able to default to private?
Currently the best practice is to manually add your returns periodically while it's not supported in RepairShopr. We are working on it, in the accounting integrations - due to the complexity - we have to take babysteps and it goes pretty slowly..
Can you share/explain more to someone that doesn't know what that product does, what the integration would actually do?
I had the same problem recently while traveling, I wanted to block out mornings in 2 days, and evenings in 4 days - I just accomplished it by leaving the whole day available in the widget - and making recurring appointments in my google calendar - which blocks out the right times. It accomplished the same thing..
Probably won't add this right away since this workaround seems reasonable so far.
I like it, is the color just the simple color already assigned for the calendar/etc?
Jason, our data model is setup to track actual time. If you ran a timer on 10 tickets at once, for 1 hour - it would show you "worked 10 hours" even though you only worked 1.
I understand to each of those jobs you want to log that 1 hour, but our data model is not designed for this and we can't/won't adapt it to do so. It would break down the model in a way that would break expectations for all the other users.
You should find a timer system outside of RS probably - or come up with another workflow to track the time.
We already have profit by tech, we call it "Net Revenue" by Staff.
We have a CSV of the ticket time tracking in reports section, we can see about adding to domo.
Parts revenue you mean inventory/products sales or "parts orders" the one-off items?
Could the commission report in the app do the parts revenue bit?
@ian stored cards for recurring billing have been working for years, this suggestion is just to allow customers to enter/update it themselves.
You can store cards for future use like this: http://feedback.repairshopr.com/knowledgebase/articles/324233-credit-cards-can-i-save-a-credit-card-on-a-custom
We are going to put ticket comments in the communication log, hopefully that helps this one. Let us know if you really want the new manual log entry after this..
Why can't they put a comment on the ticket ie; "Thanks for the call, to recap..."
Hey everyone – we have added the “Sync to QuickBooks Online” bit for beta_testers, if you are not a beta tester currently, you will get this feature in a couple weeks. We are not accepting new beta testers at this time.
For those of you that are beta testers, please visit QuickBooks settings in RepairShopr and select your Accounts Payable account for PO’s to sync to in QB and let us know here in the comments what feedback you have for it!
@ralph - We were watching the Xero api development for months and they only released create and not update. It looks like they do have it now, so we'll look at getting that work scheduled. Probably a couple months still..
@James, yeah, that is incomplete - you can follow the progress here. We won't start until this complete: https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/4327134-enable-the-upcoming-purchase-order-module-to-link
@curtis - you are on the only one I've heard from now, did you get a concrete example to customer service to look at?
From my note a bit ago about things that were still pending, here is the updated list:
- Make it so you can link to a product from detail page and copy text from the line items - DONE
- Bugfix pulling cost back from electronic ordering systems more reliably - DONE
- Status dropdown on PO page - don't make full page reload, speed that up a lot - DONE
- Sync PO's to QuickBooks Online - DONE
- Sync PO's to Xero (now waiting for the PO API - they just marked as started) - waiting for xero
- Tracking of shipment - tracking numbers - DONE
- Add the ability to "Quick Add" an item to the pending orders page (internal backorders) - DONE (shipping today)
- Put a list of all low stock items on the pending orders page - DONE (shipping today)
- Finish off product labels/barcode with the new serialized inventory system - labels will tell what batch/vendor/etc a product came from - DONE
For anyone interested in watching the Xero work progress - it was here https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/4327134-enable-the-upcoming-purchase-order-module-to-link
@ralph - that is possible, we were going to do that, but Xero has just marked the PO API work as "In Progress". We would rather wait for that than do the work twice.
Hey everyone, quick progress report.
Here are some of the things we did in the last couple weeks:
- Added a delete button to the detail screen
- Nightly reorder emails filter out items that are already pending
- Now a PO can have a user attached, and they are filterable (so you can assign them if you want)
- You can add attachments to them
- The filter/search was added and has a few ways to filter the PO list page
- The vendor SKU will now show on the PO detail page - instead of only in the email/pdf
Here are some things that are still pending:
- Make it so you can link to a product from detail page and copy text from the line items
- Bugfix pulling cost back from electronic ordering systems more reliably
- Status dropdown on PO page - don't make full page reload, speed that up a lot
- Sync PO's to QuickBooks Online
- Sync PO's to Xero (now waiting for the PO API - they just marked as started)
- Tracking of shipment - tracking numbers
- Add the ability to "Quick Add" an item to the pending orders page (internal backorders)
- Put a list of all low stock items on the pending orders page
- Finish off product labels/barcode with the new serialized inventory system - labels will tell what batch/vendor/etc a product came from
Sure Ralph - at this time we have 22 tasks lined up, there will probably be a few more coming. I think we'll be able to release 1-4 of them a week on average, maybe the whole set of changes will be done in a month or two. (maybe)