The Customer Portal is a place for your customers to view all sorts of information about their tickets, communicate back and forth with you to paying you!
What it Does:
Customers can be automatically invited to the Portal when they are added to RepairShopr
Customer can view existing Tickets or Create new Tickets by default
Customers can view Invoices and pay you if you are using a Payment Integration
Customers can approve or decline Estimates
Customers can View uploaded documents
Customers can be Assets you have worked on
Customer can view past payment amounts
(Read through the article to get more details on the above)
What it Doesn't Do:
It's not an actual portal created from folded space-time. Well, maybe in a different universe it is anyway.
The idea of the Customer Portal is to bring another level of communication to your customers to stay informed about their repairs or work being conducted by your shop. The Customer Portal is automatically created for every customer in the system that has a email address entered. We include a link to the Customer Portal in the footer of emails that go out to customers be default. Of course that can be changed in the PDF/Email Template section of Admin.
Let's start with what it looks like first!
Let's go through the sections that are on here to explore what can be done on the Portal starting the top.
Clicking the Ticket number will take the customer to the Ticket Detail where you have the below functions.
So in case it's not clear, there are some handy things happening here:
- The customer can see messages that are sent to them from a ticket here
- The customer can send you messages and they will be applied directly to the ticket. There are even notifications you can set in the Notification Center to be alerted when this happens!
- Files can be attached to the Ticket such as documents, images or really any type of file that may be relevant to the job
- The Customer can also open new tickets from the Ticket section as well to request work. Yes, before you ask, this can be disabled in the Ticket Preferences
Things to note here are:
If you are using one of our Integrated Payment Gateways or PayPal, customers are able to pay their invoices in the Customer Portal. They can choose to pay individually or multiple invoices at once. Clicking the Invoice number on the right will take them to the detail screen for the invoice.
Fun things to note:
Recent Payments, Estimates, Attachments and Asset Sections
- On the Invoice Detail screen, the customer can view the invoice as a PDF or download it locally to their computer.
- If connected to a Payment Gateway there will be button to process their payments.
While by default it is possible to get directly in to the Customer Portal, we do have a feature that allows you to provide the customer a Username and password to secure their Portal. If the customer has employees that may need to use the portal or that may submit work requests, we recommend also turning on Contacts in the Customer Preferences.
The Portal Users are housed on the Customer detail page for a customer. Head there and scroll down to the Portal User section that looks like this:
Click the New button in the Portal Users section to get started:
We will populate the "Customer/Contact" section with the primary customer. This field is a drop down that allows you to select from the Customer Contacts as well.
The Login Field will pre-populate with a random assigned login id. This is the username for signing in to the Portal. We recommend changing this to the customer/contact's email address.
It is also worth noting that we have a function to automatically send Portal User invites when the customer and contact are created in RepairShopr. You can activate that in the Customer Preferences > Advanced > Always Send Portal Invites to New Customers > Save.
The Password field will always default to empty when manually creating contacts. You can create a pasword for the Portal User or send them a email invitation for them to create their own (recommended).
When you create an additional user they will not see the same screen of the original customer. In order to give them access to all of the info from the account, they will need admin access. You can give them access by following the steps below.
- Create a contact with the desired users details (email, phone, name, etc. )
- Create a portal user by selecting the “New” button in the Portal Users section
- In the drop down select the new contact's name put in the users email, and create a password.
- Once that is complete, select the drop down for the user’s name ihe Portal Users section and select the name of the main user. This will give the new contact access to the Admin portion of the portal.