I suggest you ...

Decimals in inventory item discount percentage

The inventory item discount percentage currently only works for whole percentage, i.e 2% . We would like to see decimal percentages i.e. 2.2%

7 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
bobby shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

3 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Robert Gerber commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Right now (march 2019), an inventory item based discount works correctly in tickets, but incorrectly in invoices. tickets correctly show a decimal percentage discount (ie, a discount of 11.3% - a ticket with $100 worth of charges would be discounted by $11.30 to $88.70). Once that ticket is used to create an invoice, the discount percentage is automatically rounded down to a whole number (ie, the 11.3% listed above becomes an 11% discount on the invoice, so $100 worth of charges would be discounted by $11.00 to $89.00).

• Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

PLEASE! We also want to use this for a surcharge when customers pay big invoices with a credit card. We want to add 2.75% or 3.5% to the invoice total but can't use the discount item for this because it rounds to whole numbers! PLEASE?

• Barry Jeung commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

YES! Would definitely like to see this. It is just math anyways :). In all seriousness though we have existing contracts out there with discounts that aren't whole percentages and we didn't catch this before going live in RS so please please please fix.

Feedback and Knowledge Base