Improve the Purchase Order system
The Purchase Order system is only half finished to really make it useful it should generate sequential PO numbers which we would send to our suppliers, then we should be able to track it for goods arrival and checking off the delivered goods. Then depending upon our supplier terms it should track the payment due date and allow for entering payment details when paid. Then similar to the sales synch with QuickBooks it should update all the order and payment details within QuickBooks, so alleviating tiresome repetitive entries.
Hey everyone – we have added the “Sync to QuickBooks Online” bit for beta_testers, if you are not a beta tester currently, you will get this feature in a couple weeks. We are not accepting new beta testers at this time.
For those of you that are beta testers, please visit QuickBooks settings in RepairShopr and select your Accounts Payable account for PO’s to sync to in QB and let us know here in the comments what feedback you have for it!
Anything on this. its been years
Patrick King commented
For Big Chain - Purchase Orders do not differentiate the location.
I have lots of issues using the "Email to Vendor" button and have now abandoned the use of it. I have had inventory being sent to my first location when the second location ordered the inventory.
I have separate accounts for each location with the same vendor, each with its own account number. When I hit the email to vendor button, it includes the first locations address and can only have one account number regardless of the location.
Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented
14. (on my list). Please add the option for us to add Attachments to Vendors (to reference from POs)
Any news on PO sync with Xero?
Can we have PO sync to Xero please...Any news?
Nick Fratangelo commented
@Troy any updates on Xero integration? This seems to have stalled (along with many other feature request updates?)
CCW Technology commented
Please integrate PO's with Parts, inventory and estimates for a natural workflow.
I do an estimate, it's approved, there is a PO, the parts are now on order and then end up in inventory...
These modules are currently too fragmented and need to work together.
Any update on this? A couple months has passed.
Xero API for purchase orders is complete (GET/PUT/POST) and it was released around 6 months ago.
We really need this, the only other solution is double entry in both systems which is a problem in itself that needs its own solution!
@ralph - We were watching the Xero api development for months and they only released create and not update. It looks like they do have it now, so we'll look at getting that work scheduled. Probably a couple months still..
Why has this development stalled, it seemed to be going so well and now has come to a halt?
Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented
No updates on this for a while. Some new requests:
1. Please add the ability to "search" for existing POs without having to first filter the location and vendor. Our accountant needs to be able to perform a search without knowing which vendor or location the PO comes from. And Search should show any "found" result regardless of rather a filter is applied or not.
2. Please allow automatic numbering for POs in the same fashion as Tickets, Estimates, Invoices, etc. We'd like the POs to be sequentially numbered following a starting number we choose.
3. Please add a "Filter" button so we can change multiple filters without the system immediately refreshing in between each filter. This way we can make all our filter options and then "submit" the request.
@Troy, this seems to have stalled, are there any updates/timelines that the Xero integration will be addressed. Xero released that API a long time ago now and to date it would seem that nothing has progressed. Any updates would be appreciated.
Hey Troy, any updates on this topic. Particularly with regard to Xero.
Hey just wondering when we might have an update on purchase orders syncing to quickbooks desktop version?
@James, yeah, that is incomplete - you can follow the progress here. We won't start until this complete: https://xero.uservoice.com/forums/5528-xero-accounting-api/suggestions/4327134-enable-the-upcoming-purchase-order-module-to-link
James Moore commented
Hey guys, just FYI it looks like Google has released the API docs on this, or am I misreading this? (Not a developer)
@curtis - you are on the only one I've heard from now, did you get a concrete example to customer service to look at?
Curtis N Christine Quinn commented
Is it just us that are having major issues with the back order system?
It never sees to have the right data/quantities.
From my note a bit ago about things that were still pending, here is the updated list:
- Make it so you can link to a product from detail page and copy text from the line items - DONE
- Bugfix pulling cost back from electronic ordering systems more reliably - DONE
- Status dropdown on PO page - don't make full page reload, speed that up a lot - DONE
- Sync PO's to QuickBooks Online - DONE
- Sync PO's to Xero (now waiting for the PO API - they just marked as started) - waiting for xero
- Tracking of shipment - tracking numbers - DONE
- Add the ability to "Quick Add" an item to the pending orders page (internal backorders) - DONE (shipping today)
- Put a list of all low stock items on the pending orders page - DONE (shipping today)
- Finish off product labels/barcode with the new serialized inventory system - labels will tell what batch/vendor/etc a product came from - DONE
2 months is up, what is happening with these changes, we have not seen to many updates, of late.