Ability to Link Tickets to Each Other (Just Like Invoices and Estimates)
Here's the overview of the idea:
- Have ability to link tickets to each other for easy reference.
- Linked tickets could go in the "Diagnostic" Progress box just like Invoices go into the "Invoiced" Progress box and estimates go into the "Work Approved" Progress Box.
- A link ticket button or reference would need to be added so tickets could be linked together.
- You could link as many tickets together as you wanted.
- The linked tickets would be clickable just like invoices and estimates currently are.
Why add this idea?
- Great for warranty/redo work when a new ticket is created.
- Great for project work if tickets are part of a bigger project.
Andrew R. commented
More than just having them linked somewhere, I've worked with a lot of bug tracking services for software development, and I would really like a notation that would be parsed as an automatic hyperlink to a ticket number (i.e., ##1234 or some similar notation in a comment or description would create a link to ticket 1234's page.)
Jarred Casselton commented
Awesome, as you said: its would link warranties and returns, big yes from us
Perhaps instead, an ability to create 'projects' would be better. Then you could tie multiple tickets to a single larger project.
Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented
I agree Chuck, this would be a nice and simple feature to add. Even better if it could be added as a start to a bigger picture - multi ticket invoicing. Not saying it needs that in the first version, but it would be a start to the idea.