I suggest you ...

Ability to Link Tickets to Each Other (Just Like Invoices and Estimates)

Here's the overview of the idea:

1. Have ability to link tickets to each other for easy reference.
2. Linked tickets could go in the "Diagnostic" Progress box just like Invoices go into the "Invoiced" Progress box and estimates go into the "Work Approved" Progress Box.
3. A link ticket button or reference would need to be added so tickets could be linked together.
4. You could link as many tickets together as you wanted.
5. The linked tickets would be clickable just like invoices and estimates currently are.

Why add this idea?

1. Great for warranty/redo work when a new ticket is created.
2. Great for project work if tickets are part of a bigger project.

Cheers!

15 votes
Vote
Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
You have left! (?) (thinking…)
Chuck shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
(thinking…)
Password icon
Signed in as (Sign out)
Submitting...
  • Andrew R. commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

More than just having them linked somewhere, I've worked with a lot of bug tracking services for software development, and I would really like a notation that would be parsed as an automatic hyperlink to a ticket number (i.e., ##1234 or some similar notation in a comment or description would create a link to ticket 1234's page.)

• PF commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Perhaps instead, an ability to create 'projects' would be better. Then you could tie multiple tickets to a single larger project.

• Ryan (CTO, Pinellas Computers) commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I agree Chuck, this would be a nice and simple feature to add. Even better if it could be added as a start to a bigger picture - multi ticket invoicing. Not saying it needs that in the first version, but it would be a start to the idea.

Feedback and Knowledge Base