I suggest you ...

Self generating unique ID for customer Asset. Some systems we get in don't have a unique ID/serial number, such as custom builds

Can we have a self generating unique ID for customer Asset? Some systems we get in don't have a unique ID/serial number, such as custom builds. This unique ID could then be printed in a barcode as the unique asset tag.

11 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Duncan shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    already works  ·  AdminTroy (Founder, RepairShopr) responded  · 

This has always worked – if you leave the serial number field blank there is a barcode label that does have a unique identifier built in.

You could scan that to get the barcode value into another system.

3 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • David Ingram commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I really need this as well. Not being blbe to see it unless I scan it, isnt really good enough. If we can expose that it would be perfect

• Joe commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

We have used a number of job tracking systems of which this seems to be the first not to have a auto generating asset reference. The purpose is separate to a serial number which we like to record if available/readable (some machines are to worn etc) but we must use a unquie tracking field for the unit we have worked on.

So this issues isn't enough to stop us using repairshopr but right now we are faced with coping/pasting from a list of randomly generated numbers from a spreadsheet which feels so micky mouse for a system so refined and excellent. You can not use if if you have no use for it, but for most just having a button next to assest to "add random numbers" for assest reference would be ideal!

Adding my votes here.

Also templates need work for assets and especially the products but I can see plenty of other requests for this.

Thanks!

• John Heida commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

Any word on this? We are looking for it too. Even for generating "serial numbers" for our builds.

Feedback and Knowledge Base