Wholesale Gadget Parts Integration (this REALLY needs to be looked at)
Wholesale Gadget Parts is a fantastic supplier that offers a lot in the way of parts and customer service. We know they have a small integration with RepairShopr already, but we would REALLY love to see RepairShopr expand on this. We have a personal account rep appointed to our company that has reached out to us multiple times on having an IT staff that is ready and willing to implement full access to their systems when it comes to inventory, parts ordering / purchase orders, RMA's etc.
1) No more needing to change hundreds of inventory prices manually because there is no integration. Add items that are connected to WGP's back end so that they are synchronized with their website by SKU.
2) Create a purchase order based on your low stock items, actually have the pricing be accurate to the minute, and click a button that places that order for you with Wholesale Gadget Parts. Yes you can add items to cart with a button, but its buggy and will (most of the time) completely ruin an order. We have more than one shop, and those shops have different WGP accounts. We cannot add more than one WGP account to RepairShopr. We need different accounts for different shops, WGP is willing to help with this.
3) RMA's with WGP. Sync the RMA system with them so they can receive an RMA and it takes it out of our inventory and allows them to assign an RMA# to it for tracking. We need a button that will allow us to send this RMA to WGP. At the very least create a CSV or PDF to send them the RMA. This does not exist, it creates twice as much work as we have to create the RMA in repairshopr to have them removed from the inventory one by one, then create an additional copy of that RMA on a separate spreadsheet. After that we then have to send them the separate RMA and go back to the RMA in repairshopr to change the status. This results in many steps and possible critical errors that could be prevented.
It only makes sense to have reporting correct without having to spend cumulative hours of your time inputting updated pricing and searching one by one. WGP is a rather large supplier, and we were contacted by our rep and informed that they are willing to work with RepairShopr to make all of this and more happen. So here is our vote, we would love to see this integration come to fruition!
Coby Poluk commented
I would also like to see more integration with WGP.
For my current needs to two main things I would like to see are:
1. More accurate pricing. WGP gives customer accounts different pricing levels based on their monthly gross purchases. The parts section only shows the default pricing level that any WGP customer gets. Does not show updated pricing according to my account with them.
Also, It would be great to see the pricing integration be usable on purchase orders rather than just the parts order page in Repairshopr. This way once I create a PO I don't have to cross reference with WGP to make sure my pricing is correct on the PO.
2. WGP has a quick order section on their site where you are able to just plug in SKUs + quantity then add to your cart on one order page rather than going to each individual item and adding them that way.
The issue is that once I create a PO in Repairshopr I have to then go and basically remake the same order on WGP to place my order.
WGP has an option on their quick order page where I can simply upload a CSV file then hit "add to cart" and be done. The problem is that the CSV has to be setup where Column A is the SKU #, and Column B is thew quantity.
When I export my Repairshopr PO to a CSV file it is not setup this way so I am not able to use the CSV to do a quick order on WGP unless I go in and manually reconfigure the columns to fit the required format.
William Secrist commented
I was looking into Wholesale Gadget Parts, and their website was very disappointing to me, and their stock was as well. As far as mobile parts, I found eTech Parts to be much better than Wholesale by a long shot.
Brad Hendricksen commented
When doing this please make sure that it is user friendly for multiple locations. In other words that we don't have to login separately to place an order. We need this to be something where the location feeds through to the vendor for them to ship on our account.
Jeff Strachan commented
There are options for integrations for product feeds using the RepairShopr API. I am sure that WGP has a feed or you could create a scraper to gather the information and then map it to the appropriate category and then product for the update.
Sounds to me like WGP should put their techs onto it to get it developed. If they need help tell them to get in touch with me. We have done so for another computer store that doesn't carry much stock onsite but has to update the pricing and product availability daily from a feed of over 8000 products. We are now working on integrating multiple feeds into their system so they can get the best possible pricing and generate PO's for specific items on the fly.
I am not sure how different the WGP feeds are for your different stores but if there are specific differences these feeds can be mapped specific to each of your store/shops.
Some of the other functionality you talk about - like trigging PO's on inventory and such - this is different but I am sure there is possibility.
Hesi Kotes commented
Essentially what I would like to see is a warning / confirmation dialogue when you click the "Make Invoice" button when working on a ticket, but only when there is an existing invoice already associated with that ticket. Many times I've clicked it by accident, only for Repairshopr to create an empty invoice. I even had a situation where one of my employees added line items to the duplicate invoice but forgot to merge information with the existing invoice, which confused the client and didn't look super professional. We're getting by for the moment, but it would be one of those "nice to have" things. https://img.clippp.com/e39760af5b032660ea59d3eb504a2f60_happy-wedding-anniversary-gifs-cards-sayings-pictures-anniversary-wedding_550-412.gif
Jason Suminski commented
No doubt, these two would be a fantastic match. At least the integrations being present would be a huge up. Especially if they are fully ready and willing to work with them. Lets make it happen!
I feel like they could really gain some customers from WGP! If WGP put out an email about RepairShopr being the preferred linked in management system. Man...
Jason Suminski commented
I truly feel this would be an amazing relationship!
Well said Jason!