Alternative to Vantiv/Mercury for card processing with the app
We are intending to get ipads in and basically run off the app - it's looking great! Now the Vantiv payments looks great but we are in the UK - so you could do with a worldwide provider to cover as many bases as possible. I reckon we can all try to work together to find a solution that can do online/offline card payments, recurring and chip and pin in one. I'm trying to figure out if paypal here does both or if it's just card payments. https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/credit-card-reader
Suzette Aposhian commented
It would be nice if you could integrate with Global/Heartland Payments that way you would have one processor for worldwide customers.
Amy M commented
I have been using Mercury/Vantiv and there are some pros, but a lot of cons:
- easy to accept payments with the iPad app and inside RS;
- easy to process refunds through RS that seamlessly sync to merchant;
- manual CC entry is same fee as a swipe, so no worry about extra fees;
- stored credit card feature for recurring payments, etc;
- customers can pay using the payment button on their invoice
- no chip reader available for iPad and Vantiv, only can use swipe or manual entry, makes us liable for errors or chargebacks;
- card reader is expensive and archaic, works most of the time, but we have encountered double charges or charges not going through due to various errors;
- No ability to create online payment buttons (like Paypal or Square store);
- Really old looking and clunky merchant website, complicated to run sales reports, etc;
- I have personally had problems with the merchant since the day I signed up, they have overcharged me every single month
For now, I'm dealing with them because they seem to want to work with us, the integration makes it worthwhile, and even though I'm getting overcharged, the rate is still better than anything else out there.
BUT...There's got to be a better way!