I suggest you ...

Ability to assign multiple categories per product

It would be great to assign multiple categories to an inventory item.

For example I have categories such as "iPhone 5c" and "iPhone 5s" yet there are parts such as a replacement battery which work in both phone models, therefore are applicable to both categories.

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Lee Sargeant shared this idea  ·   ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • John Choate commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I'm giving this old thread a bump. I was just adding tempered glass screen protectors to inventory and have some which are for multiple phone models. It would be great to be able to assign the one inventory item to the specific categories. Right now I have all screen protectors in category 'iPhone (All)' and would love to put the 7/8 protectors into both 'iPhone 7' and 'iPhone 8', etc.

• Luke Savy commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I second this. I think this would be a great idea. Tags or multiple categories as one product can fall under multiple different categories

• James Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

And maybe the best case here isn't to change the categories, but to introduce "tags" like many other systems out there use. This would allow us to use categories for one type of organization such as for whether it is a part or service, and tags would more correspond to which units the part is compatible with,

• James Moore commented  ·   ·  Flag as inappropriate

I would love this. We have sensors that work in multiple units. Keeping inventory of these is a pain because if we make multiple SKUs the inventory won't track correctly. Our overall goal is to link categories of inventory items for repair to the Asset Type field somehow. I would be happy short term with a way to hold inventory items in Multiple Categories.

Feedback and Knowledge Base