General

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

1. REORGANIZE Ticket Buttons and Linked Information

Just my opinion: Tickets are starting to get WAY too busy with information, buttons, links, drop-downs and options thrown all over the place. I know RS is a work in progress, but it's obvious that things have been added in that were never thought of initially. I'd like to see the Tickets module re-worked with some sort of grouping and organization that is more cohesive.

Right now, there are buttons at the top that do some things, other buttons in the title bar of information boxes , and more added at the bottom of information boxes. There's links for Appointments,…

28 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      completed  ·  16 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
    • New Ticket Email Template

When a ticket is created, regardless of how (email, manual, etc) , there should be a specific New Ticket email template that is fired off.

If the "Don't Email" checkbox is removed during manual ticket creation, an email is delivered to the client using the ticket comment template which can be very confusing for the end user.

When a ticket is opened, we want our customers to be notified that, in fact, a ticket was JUST opened. We can then write up the New Ticket Email template to cover things like the ticket subject, ticket description, a short description of…

28 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        5 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
      • Separate Space Billing / Shipping Address

Since we operate a .com we need a space to enter billing and shipping

27 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          20 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
        • Ability for Clients to Filter "Resolved" and "Unresolved" Tickets.

Some of our clients have 80+ tickets and the client portal has now become unusable from a ticket management standpoint.

It is absolutely necessary for our clients to have the ability to filter what is done vs what is not done.

Even a tab system like "Resolved" "Un-Resolved" would be great. It should always default to "Un-Resolved" as this is what most clients want to see.

It is frustrating our clients to not have to sort through ticket statuses one by one...

26 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)
            2 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
          • Worksheets - option to make them required

As it currently stands there is no way to make the worksheet required before ticket progress which defeats the purpose of post checklist repairs as techs could just forget to do it.

26 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
            • multiple contacts per ticket for notifications

Many times we need to keep multiple people in the loop on tickets that involve multiple contacts. The ability to attach multiple contacts to a ticket so that they all receive notifications when updates occur on a ticket would be amazing! That way if any of them reply to the ticket notification it updates for any of them.

I know this could be addressed with distribution groups, but each ticket that comes in won't always necessary fall into one of those particular groups.

26 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)
                9 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
              • More advanced Timer System - Track Billable and non-billable time

Hi,

Currently, in beta, I see there is a basic timer system. GREAT!!! Now let's enhance this system so we can have the following:

1. Billable Time and Time Worked option (sometimes time spent on a ticket is not billable because someone left the timer running or because and employee didn't know what they were doing -- EEEK)

2. Be able to assign these times to a specific employee. Employee x inputted 2 hours of billable time on 12/17/2013. Employee z spent 2 hours of non-billable time on 12/18/2013. Total time worked is 4 hours - Billable time is 2…

26 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                • Ring Central Integration

I think it would be awesome to somehow integrate with Ring Central allowing calls from customers to be documented on their online profile. I know I have had a few clients claim we didn't call them, or vice versa. All of our calls are recorded as well, so I think it would be cool to have all of the conversations uploaded to the account.

Currently, I have to manually login to my Ring Central dashboard, look for the customers phone number, and find logs that way. I think there's alot that can come from an integration.

26 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    38 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

You can use Zapier to integrate at this point.

You can see example ideas at the bottom of this page: https://zapier.com/zapbook/repairshopr/ringcentral/

We will have some pre-made zaps coming shortly.

One example would be using the ringcentral triggers to fire a webhook GET request to the callerid api in RepairShopr. Then it would behave exactly like our other PBX integrations.

Example coming soon!

• Improve Logo print quality

Please improve the logo print quality on invoices, tickets etc..

(As reference see the print quality for the same logo image used in, for instance, Xero Accounting)

25 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      4 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                    • Create a Repairshopr Forum

The new ifixit pro talk forum is an awesome way to communicate about many things. It would be awesome to either have a Repairshopr subforum or just have our own. I like posting ideas and emailing the amazing support team about questions but sometimes being able to talk about best practices and other ideas would be better served in a forum of some sort.

24 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                        32 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                      • Categorize Inventory as Services vs Parts

Any chance you have plans to make services and parts have different fields in the inventory module. What I would imagine is having a drop-down before creating a new inventory item to choose "part" or "service". Depending on which you choose, there would be different available form fields.

As it is now, services need to have a blank quantity on hand to work properly. Also, parts need to use features like UPC code, vendor and bin#, but services don't need any of that. It would also be nice to have subitems and categories for inventory parts to help keep them…

24 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                          7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                        • Self-service Check-Ins / Kiosk Mode Enhancement

Hello, after speaking with your staff I found some limitations with the self-service website integration and kiosk mode (not the Repair Wizard).

When a customer checks-in and a ticket is created through an actual kiosk the ticket field is limited to "issue" only and doesn't have the ability to include other relevant and useful fields such as device passcode, device type, etc at time of intake.

In order to use the custom intake form with a check-in we are using the Self-service coding on our website but there is no ability to enhance the ticket portion of this currently to…

24 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            6 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Just wanted to make sure everyone saw that we added custom widget flows. You can build these in Admin > Custom Widgets to string together terms, check in, custom fields, appointments, etc. You can also build multiple flows, each with its own URL.

• Create Computer Repair Wizard similar to Mobile Device Wizard

I tested out the mobile device widget, and put it on our site on our "Phone Repairs" page. I am in the process of doing a complete redesign of the site, and I would love to see a wizard that does the same, but for computer problems. Listing common problems as options like: 1. Desktop or Laptop? 2. Virus? Slow Computer? Not Turning On? etc. etc. 3. Operating System? 4. Brand and Model?

Does this make sense? Ultimately, I would like to see an all in one solution that can be put on our home page and customize the colors..something…

24 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              7 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                            • DashBoard Ticket Status

Can you please include ticket status' on the dashboard?

23 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                11 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

Hey, we have a link to the new dashboard from the old dashboard – it’s beta right now, but I’m going to mark these as complete because it’s really usable as of right now.

Give it a shot, instead of /tickets/dashboard, it’s tickets/dashboard_new

• Allow technicians to have access to open or close the registers on a user level

We have a couple of technicians that open and close the store. Currently only allowing admin access to the cash register is requiring our two managers to work 6 days a week since we are open Mon-Sat to open the register. If we cannot work nights that means we are not closing our register until the next morning and then have to close right away. This causes some inconveniences for our managers especially if they would like to take time off, vacation our other manager has to pick up the slack.

23 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  15 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →
                                • Complete RepairShopr Backup

I would like a way to backup everything in RepairShopr. Automatically (say - to something like DropBox).

There are so many scenarios (accidental deletion, RepairShopr glitch, disgruntled employee, etc) where it would be incredibly valuable to have regular and multiple versions of the data in RepairShopr.

The invoice, estimates, templates, tickets, reminders, calendar data, worksheets, inventory, customers, internal wiki data, customer wiki data, attachments, time clock, custom contact fields, etc - are all things that took a large amount of time to enter and develop over time. I know there are some exporting functions, but there is nothing like having…

23 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    8 comments  ·  Flag idea as inappropriate…  ·  Admin →

We added a paid add on for this – it’s in the app center.

It costs money due to the high server load and disk space usage.

Feedback welcome!

• Track customer click through on tickets, invoices, estimates

It would be wonderful to have the ability to see when a customer clicks through to the customer portal or views an invoice, etc. Track ip address and date/time of when it was viewed. This would help with knowing if a customer did receive e-mailed invoices, estimates, etc.

22 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a simple version of this on estimates/invoices now, and something started for tickets.

This will evolve over the next couple weeks – thanks everyone who voted.

• Invoice a Third Party and NOT the customer?

We carry out repairs for customers but the repair is chargeable to their insurance company and NOT them. How can we create the customer and ticket as normal (so we can make full use of canned responses and Marketr etc) but at the final stage when creating the invoice select for it to invoice a Third Party / Client / Contract?

22 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                      • Add WYSIWYG to the internal WIKI to make it EASIER to use verses CODE

We really want to add all of our company policies, procedures, training, and changelogs into the wiki - but it would take a lot of time to restore all of the formatting that is lost with wiki markup. Further, adding new content would be so much easier if there were simple WYSIWYG options like bold, underline, lists, etc.

Yes, wiki (kramdown) markup is a standard for some sites; but most new online content systems have WYSIWYG, including Wordpress, Gmail and Office 365. It’s much quicker and more efficient for most users. Would love to use the feature if it’s added!

22 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        • Add barcode option to add/view charges on ticket

Need to be able to scan barcodes everywhere you can add charges

(edited to remove all caps - omg)

22 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          • Don't see your idea?

General

Feedback and Knowledge Base