Skip to content

General

162 results found

1. Make DEPOSITS credit DIFFERENTLY than TICKET CHARGES. Show as AVAILABLE credit for Estimates & UNAPPLIED credit on the ACCOUNT for Invoices.

Hey everyone, we’re just becoming aware of tons of issues created by the current deposits system. Currently, a “deposit” item works just the same as a regular line item; except it also makes an inverse (qty -1) line item on the ticket (to function as a credit). Here are just some of the many issues we’re discovering from this functionality:

• “Deposit items” are available just like regular inventory “line items” which can be added to estimates/invoices; but cause chaos if used this way (duplicate credits, leftover credits) on tickets.
    • If a tech accidentally adds in a deposit line item on…
    1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Please sign in to leave feedback

Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    How important is this to you?

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Robert Reichner responded

We’ve built the deposit system for a very common and specific flow in hundreds of repair businesses. If this is causing issues it may not be the right feature for your business. We don’t have plans to change this but are open to suggestions for other flows. Thanks!

2. Canadian Backup

I read your blog on Managed Backup and Cloudberry.

Can you do the same type of intergration with a Canadian Backup comapny? Not all businesses want their data going across the boarder.

http://canadiancloudbackup.com/

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  3. Multi currency

It would be nice to have the option to deal with multi currency. We deal with several countries and invoice companies in their local currency.

A possible way to deal with this is to specify a default currency and some alternative currencies. When you get payment for an invoice, it should be possible to supply the exhange rate for that payment so it gets calculated correctly. All final numbers should be in the local/default currency.

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t currently have plans to support multiple currencies. While we realize this is important for a certain segment of users, it’s quite a big feature and we don’t foresee being able to support it properly in the near term.

4. Allow use of a printer connected to the PC / Network that RepairShopR accesses.

We use a PC as our main RepairShopR station. As most of our work is carry in to the store, this works well for us.

We have experienced problems with Cloud Print...Not printing and delayed printing. We print the Ticket and Intake form while the customer i here and give them a copy as their claim check. We therefore need to print immediately on finishing taking in the job.

Also, This morning the printer spewed out 2 copies of all the new Tickets and Intake forms from yesterday.

I understand that we can create a PDF of the form and…

6 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We’re unfortunately going to have to decline this as we’re not currently aware of technology that supports this for browser-based software. One option is to install the Cloud Print service: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/cloudprintservice. We’re also working with Star on integrating their WebPrint printers which would allow this functionality. We’ll provide updates as this becomes available.

5. Vendhq.com

Any chance of intergrating with Vend ?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  6. Integration with QuickFile

We use QuickFile for our Accounts/VAT/Tax etc
    The reason we dont use things like QuickBooks etc is we cant justify the expense for them, especially considering QuickFile does the exact same thing for free!!
    Can we see integration with QuickFile and RepairShopr?
    Please?!?!? :D

3 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there — thanks for asking. Currently we’re not looking at other accounts integrations beyond Quickbooks and Xero. These are major undertakings and our plan is to continue improving our two current integrations which have good coverage across many countries. Hope you understand. Thx!

7. TechWARU Assets integration

It would be great to have the Assets Information obtained from TechWARU go directly into the Assets section of RepairShopr. This would help alleviate a lot of manual entry

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  8. unify RepairShopr & RepairShopr mobile sites

Due to the normal RepairShopr site now scaling so well on mobile, can we drop the mobile site and move "Field Jobs" from mobile site, to the main site?
    It would less for you guys to maintain aswell.
    Just a thought

7 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great suggestion — we’ll be doing this by folding in the mobile site aspects to our iOS and Android apps. Thx!

9. Can we please add a section on the receipt for customers to leave a TIP amount?

Can we add a line for customers to add a TIP amount for good service?

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  1 comment  ·  Admin →

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  10. Show sales tax on add/view charges on ticket

It would be useful to see if we marked line items as taxable under "add/view charges on ticket" As it stands, if we forget to uncheck the taxable box (or check it if need be) there's no visual indication of the taxable status until you create the invoice. I'm thinking a simple taxable column would fit the bill.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Appreciate this suggestion and can see how it would be helpful. However, there’s a lot of tech involved in calculating tax with many possible variations. To be 100% sure this is accurate we plan to leave this only on invoices for the time being. Thanks for understanding. :)

11. Appointments given a purpose for site-visit repairs.

RepairShopr is clearly built for in-shop repairs, however if I mention features that already exist; please school me in my errors. I dearly need to resolve the work flow process for site-visit repairs; as it is now, RepairShopr seems grossly inadequate for site-visits.
    Appointments need to take on a roll; currently they are pointless. I will give them their purpose now;
    1. Every appointment must show up under the customer record just as everything else does along with the notes added (under review as a suggestion back in September ‘14)
    2. An appointment is a ticket without ‘status’ (no diagnosis,…

9 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  12. Change the layout of the "Ticket Detail" page

I would like to be able to move the "Ticket Comments" section closer to the top of the page. i.e. Just below the Info, Progress, Customer sections.

I'm usually clicking on the ticket to see the quick details such as "Initial Issue". Having to scroll down is certainly no deal-breaker, but it is an annoyance when I'm looking through a full day of upcoming appointments.

Some kind of Drag/Drop handles where the section icon is would work.

Ideally being able to move the sections on any given page would be nice. i.e. Moving the "Related Ticket" section to the top…

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
  13. Quickbooks sync

I suggest having a check box on the invoice list that allows you to resync invoices to quickbooks without having to go into each individual invoice and then allowing you to check all invoices on the list and syncing them at the same time.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Invoices should sync automatically and we’ve improved error detection so you can be alerted immediately if these are not syncing.

14. Topaz support for the Macintosh

Any future plans for this?

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)
    declined  ·  Rajesh Agarwal responded

Sorry, for now this is out of our hands – topaz only provides the javascript developer plugins for windows machines.

If they ever build the tooling we’ll happily add it.

15. Canadian tax rates

Here in some Canadian provinces, we use multiple tax rates nested in each other, and we require more than just a workaround as we need precise reporting.

Here is what I mean:

Total = Subtotal + (Subtotal * Tax1) + ( (Subtotal + (subtotal * Tax1) ) * Tax2)

I'm interested in the platform but this is stopping me. We really need official support and reporting for this to suit our needs.

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We don’t have immediate plans for supporting the special Canadian tax issues described here.

16. Add an Expenses Option

I would like to have an expenses option so that I can put expenses for the business into RepairShopr. Some examples are supplies or even monthly bills for the business. This would be useful for EOY reporting.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

Hi there — definitely see how this is helpful. Our current plan is to rely on our accounting integrations for tracking expenses. We just know that those systems will handle all the variations best for this.

17. Some sort of Instant Messaging?

Would be great if we had a way to communicate to each other via instant messaging of some sort live in repairshopr. This way management can get a hold of employees easily and vis versa.

Just a thought...

10 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We have a really awesome integration with Slack that we recommend checking out. Not only is this great to be used in the office but Slack has a app for iOS and Android so that you can stay in touch with mobile techs or Users not at the office.

If you are a business with multiple locations, Slack is alo great for inter-location communications also!

http://feedback.repairshopr.com/knowledgebase/articles/456036-slack-integration

18. Tickets / Group by

The option to group tickets based on status is really helpful as an idea, but when you use it, each status breaks them up into sections. The individual groups should be all featured together, but at the moment if i group them by status then i end up with 3 or 4 different groups for 'invoiced' orders.

1 vote
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

You can currently sort the column by status. Would that work? We don’t have immediate plans to change the layout for the Group By feature.

19. Give your Asset Manager some love....

A service we are being asked to provide is IT Asset Management, specifically as it relates to asset inventory by individual department.

Customers want to get an idea of what they have, when it was purchased, total cost of ownership (IE: how many times is the machine in for service), and how many new machines do I need to buy this year? Typically, the office manager/department secretary gets this thankless task, it is usually done on an excel spreadsheet somewhere, and is only updated once a year, usually when the inventory is being done. Rarely is the office manager Tech…

2 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This is a great idea, but not something we’ll be able to do in the near future — particularly creating a Mac / PC agent. If there are other tools that pull this information and provide and API we’d be open to considering that for down the road.

20. Set 'Issue Type' on Diagnosis comment

We find setting this on book in is helpful, but its an assumption.
    Nice to be offered a chance to change when entering "Diagnosis" comment.
    It would be better if the book in setting showed "Not Confirmed" next to it as well. (so other staff know its an assumption, until confirmed)
    - I realise it can be changed under Ticket Info (Change)

4 votes
    Vote

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

We're glad you're here

Signed in as (Sign out)

This would be a rather major layout / flow change so we’ll need to consider this down the road. Like the thinking here, though!

• Don't see your idea?

General

Categories

Feedback and Knowledge Base